By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Here's who the PS5 Pro is aimed at lol

Sitting in front of an 80-inch TV playing Gran Turismo 7 is an immersive experience. It's even more realistic in 8K resolution. I'm not a good driver, but that's partly because I'm stunned by the clarity of the vistas in front of me. I'm also wowed by a new 4K ray-tracing mode that casts car reflections on other racers. It feels almost like I'm in VR without the headset.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/exclusive-hands-on-i-played-sonys-all-new-ps5-pro/#google_vignette

So if you have an 80" 8K TV, get the pro!

(But no, bigger screen does not make VR. PSVR1 was already >>> 92" projector screen. PSVR release is when I stopped using my projector)

Around the Network

Well, if you can afford an 80'' 8K TV, then you can afford a PS5 Pro no problem.

That's impossible for most people, but man, it must be a dream to play with those specs.

Based on DF's Rebirth analysis, seems like the Pro is a really good upgrade, just pricey. Part of life. I don't see why people are annoyed. The base ps5 is fine, this isn't a requirement to enjoy playstation.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Has it been confirmed yet if the PS5Pro has Link technology built in like the Portal?

Hmmm, PS5 Pro pre-orders are still available for purchase. I was figuring pre-orders would have at least sold out by now as any console typically does.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Based on DF's Rebirth analysis, seems like the Pro is a really good upgrade, just pricey. Part of life. I don't see why people are annoyed. The base ps5 is fine, this isn't a requirement to enjoy playstation.

Thank you!

So many are acting like its next gen launch or thinking it's like the only PS5 model available.

This isn't Don Mattrick here, we still have the base PS5.

Chrkeller said:

A lot of people are acting silly about it for sure but to be fair it costing that much but not coming with a disc drive or stand is worthy of backlash and the reveal video did a bad job of showing it off giving loads of people the impression that the visual upgrades will be small. They really should've teamed up with a group like DF for a more in depth comparison in the reveal video cause now it's gonna be tough to change the bad first impression.

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

A lot of people are acting silly about it for sure but to be fair it costing that much but not coming with a disc drive or stand is worthy of backlash and the reveal video did a bad job of showing it off giving loads of people the impression that the visual upgrades will be small. They really should've teamed up with a group like DF for a more in depth comparison in the reveal video cause now it's gonna be tough to change the bad first impression.

Giving no options of a disc drive or a 1tb sku, rising the dualsense price without a reason or even an announcement right before the PS5 Pro reveal and the thing being this expensive without even coming with a piece of plastic for it to stand... yeah, very bad choices, it deserves all the backslash it got.

BraLoD said:
Norion said:

Giving no options of a disc drive or a 1tb sku, rising the dualsense price without a reason or even an announcement right before the PS5 Pro reveal and the thing being this expensive without even coming with a piece of plastic for it to stand... yeah, very bad choices, it deserves all the backslash it got.

I dont know why they just didnt show it horizontally so they didnt have to have the "no stand included" disclaimer. The original didnt come with a stand either, right? At least, I dont remember getting it, but maybe I'm forgetting.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
BraLoD said:

I dont know why they just didnt show it horizontally so they didnt have to have the "no stand included" disclaimer. The original didnt come with a stand either, right? At least, I dont remember getting it, but maybe I'm forgetting.

The original comes with a stand, including a screw!

I leave it horizontal without the stand. It's not level that way, but there's nothing straight about the PS5 anyway lol.