By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

Nice. Just need Lego Horizon to help finish off the year on a high note (but I seriously doubt that is anywhere near a 94).

Around the Network

But what are Astrobot's pronouns?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Bought my copy today. I've always had the astro bot game that came with the ps5, on my ps5 home screen. That along with the matrix demo. I never completed it but would keep going back to it, time to time, as that game felt special. It showcased the ps5 and it's features, and made my system feel relevant and unique. Once i complete ff7 rebirth, wukong, then it's astro time!!

Mr Puggsly said:

The/She/It

Did not expect this high review points. Well done indeed! The built in game on PS5s only real flaw was its short length. Glad to see they can keep up the quality in a full game.

Might pick this up for my wife who is starting to get tired of replaying Hogwarts Legacy. I think she would like the charm even if she usually is more into RPGs then platformers.

Around the Network

Btw, I've been reading some reviews in order to see how is the soundtrack... And to my surprise, almost none of them even mentions that aspect of the game. And if they do, it's to point out that there are classic PS characters remixed tunes. But nothing on the actual Astrobot soundtrack.

Could some of you picking the game give some thoughts on it when you play it? I'm a sucker for music in videogames, it's one of my most important aspects...

Vodacixi said:

Btw, I've been reading some reviews in order to see how is the soundtrack... And to my surprise, almost none of them even mentions that aspect of the game. And if they do, it's to point out that there are classic PS characters remixed tunes. But nothing on the actual Astrobot soundtrack.

Could some of you picking the game give some thoughts on it when you play it? I'm a sucker for music in videogames, it's one of my most important aspects...

Will let you know, if I remember lol

Mr Puggsly said:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
Intel Core i5-10400F CPU
16.0 GB RAM

Vodacixi said:

the-pi-guy said:
Vodacixi said:

snip

Yeah I read quite a few posts praising the music. I think Jason Schreier was one of them.

I didn't play the game yet, but the most impressive aspect to me so far is the crazy amount of physics and interactions. This is the stuff that I want to see more of from powerful hardware. Not skin detail/pores/peach fuzz lol.