By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

Random_Matt said:

Is there any point of a PC release? Unless Sony creates drivers or whatnot for the dualsense, then you will be playing without the haptics.

You been sleeping under a rock? All Sony's games that they've released on PC over the past several years have come with full DualSense support lol. Pretty much all major AAA third party games even release with full DualSense support on PC, including Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 that's releasing today. 

Sony even just released a PC app for firmware updates and customizing the buttons. They already had an official firmware update tool for the past year, but it was barebones. Now they have a full fledged app.

Tweet says DualSense Edge, but regular DualSense is also included.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 05 September 2024

Around the Network

That's great to hear.

What I wouldn't give to have Sony produce more Japan Studio-like offerings again.

Please use Opencrtic. It weeds out the sus reviewers and has a more accurate score. Metacritic is plagued by reviewers that'll go against the grain, a yellow score often that'll give them attention among other nefarious activity. They also have a critic scoring system, Metacritic will feed you aggregates from any old review site often some that have no following or influence whatsoever. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
Random_Matt said:

Is there any point of a PC release? Unless Sony creates drivers or whatnot for the dualsense, then you will be playing without the haptics.

You been sleeping under a rock? All Sony's games that they've released on PC over the past several years have come with full DualSense support lol. Pretty much all major AAA third party games even release with full DualSense support on PC, including Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 that's releasing today. 

Sony even just released a PC app for firmware updates and customizing the buttons. They already had an official firmware update tool for the past year, but it was barebones. Now they have a full fledged app.

Tweet says DualSense Edge, but regular DualSense is also included.

Lol, guess I have. I hope PC players get to play it then.

G2ThaUNiT said:
method114 said:

I think he means for this year.

"Its going to be a trip to see Astro Bot being the first platformer to win Game of the Year" 

Pretty sure he meant in general lol.

Ah didn't catch that never mind then.

Around the Network

I'll have to see what I think of it when my copy arrives, but early buzz looks like it will be to Sony and the 2020s what Galaxy 1&2 and Odyssey were for Nintendo and past years.
This is above my expectations of review scores, for sure.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Random_Matt said:
Vodacixi said:

This is no joke the only game that would make me uncover my PS5 (it has been covered with a towel for over 8 months now).

I hope it gets a PC release eventually. Would play it on the Deck.

Buy it then or sell the PS5, simples.

I hope all PS5 owners buy this or Sony will never greenlight these smaller games. The COO or whoever, was complaining of not having enough IP.

In my current situation, I don't spend much time at home. And the time I got there is not for playing games. My main source of gaming right now is portable systems while in the bus/train: Switch and Steam Deck. Buying AstroBoy would be pointless, because I would not be able to play it until a loooooong time from now. That's why I hope it gets a PC (and Steam Deck) release.

As for selling my PS5, I'm considering it. But I never manage to get myself to do it. Selling an expensive current gen system... Even if I cannot use it much... Hurts me physically xD

Can't wait to play it! One of the few games I've pre-ordered ever! Hope they do decide to do another VR version some day as well, until then this looks to be awesome!

G2ThaUNiT said:

Age of Mythology: Retold, Space Marine 2, and Astro Bot within just a few days of each other......have mercy on my wallet!

Same, I think I'm going to have to wait for Black Friday sales for the first 2 and get Astro.

After all this, I hope people support this game and this kinda game. Concord might have failed but as long some GaaS games sit there bringing in massive amounts sustained income from zoomers, publishers might never learn.

Hmm, pie.

I wanted a VR version, but already caved in and will buy tomorrow. Guess I need to figure out how a TV works again :p

(It does have a physical release I assume, kinda stupid to go to the store tomorrow and they don't have it...)