By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's September. PS5 Pro should be revealed in the next weeks

Are you excited for PS5 Pro?

Yes, I'll get one as soon as possible 5 14.29%

Yes, I plan to get one in the future 4 11.43%

More or less, I need to see more 5 14.29%

No, I'm fine with my PS5 12 34.29%

No, I'm not interested on PS5 at all 9 25.71%

Total:35
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I'll stick with my PC

It's a more viable strategy than ever, I see very few incentives left to buy consoles. This is the first generation ever that I don't buy any of them within the first two years of the cycle. At the beginning of the generation, some games were more broken on PC. Now, luckily, they're equally broken on consoles as well.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I'll stick with my PC

It's a more viable strategy than ever, I see very few incentives left to buy consoles. This is the first generation ever that I don't buy any of them within the first two years of the cycle. At the beginning of the generation, some games were more broken on PC. Now, luckily, they're equally broken on consoles as well.

I bought a ps5 around launch because I didn't want to miss out on Sony exclusives...  Joke is on me, their games are on PC and I don't mind waiting till release.  This will probably be my last playstation.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Mummelmann said:

I bought a ps5 around launch because I didn't want to miss out on Sony exclusives...  Joke is on me, their games are on PC and I don't mind waiting till release.  This will probably be my last playstation.  

I've owned every Playstation home console since 1997 myself, but I can't see the point right now. And the prices are still way too high. To make matter worse; my TV is dying and I can't get the one I want right now.

Can't wait! I'll buy one as soon as it launches as long as it's not too expensive like $1000

I plan to get one in the future.

Around the Network

So what if Sony releases their PS5 pro this year and with rumors of ms releasing the next gen xbox next year would this put Sony in a bit of a hard place as then they would have to release the ps6 sooner and piss off anyone who got the ps5pro or risk giving ms too long of a head start?. i also think ms wants to star next gen so quick to get rid of the series s.

zero129 said:

So what if Sony releases their PS5 pro this year and with rumors of ms releasing the next gen xbox next year would this put Sony in a bit of a hard place as then they would have to release the ps6 sooner and piss off anyone who got the ps5pro or risk giving ms too long of a head start?. i also think ms wants to star next gen so quick to get rid of the series s.

I don't think the next Xbox will release that soon.

zero129 said:

Sony has way more console exclusives than MS.  Sony does not need to launch a ps6 just because MS rolls on.  MS has a real image problem and isn't a major treat to Sony.  I also don't think anyone is moving to next gen anytime soon.  A major jump in power is too expensive.  This gen will last longer than people think.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zero129 said:

If next Xbox releases next year, Sony would know about it and probably wouldn't release the pro at all and instead make it a bit more powerful and call it the PS6. PS5's power will not be as outdated like the PS2 compare to the 360 so there's just no way any developers would skip making games for PS5 after 2025 and beyond especially close to 100m owners. And Microsoft releasing the next Xbox in 2025 would just disappoint their fans and the people who bought the Xbox series 

zero129 said:

"Generations" are slowly but surely losing their significance, and consoles are no longer Microsoft gaming division's main pillar. If Microsoft does release a new generation console, Sony shouldn't react by rushing a PS6. The vast majority of PS5/SeriesXS games were crossgen and it's sadly not going to be any different with the next generation.

An early new Xbox would only be problematic for Sony if Microsoft reverts to exclusivity and pulls out from supporting Playstation systems. Which I just don't see at this point but of course anything can happen.