By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox is done, It's all about the Xshpere now.

There will...

Be a Next box 5 29.41%

Be no Next box 5 29.41%

Be an xbox that'll fail 5 29.41%

Other in comments 2 11.76%

Total:17

I think it's true they're making another console. What I don't understand is what's the point of making it if every single game on it will be available on PS consoles as well? Is the money they get from GamePass on Xbox consoles that much? I would've thought the expense of making all those games available on GP would be enough to keep them in the red.

Around the Network

As long as the Xbox ecosystem is accessible through other means, I'll be fine with it (whether thats through a service like Game pass or if its on a steam machine like device (or even Windows in general).

G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I've heard nothing on it. 

At the end of the Xbox Showcase, Sarah Bond said they were working on the next generation of Xbox hardware.

Oh, well. I can't see how they expect it to sell enough to make it viable if they dump everything in playstation. Can't have the cake and eat it too, not in this case.

LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

At the end of the Xbox Showcase, Sarah Bond said they were working on the next generation of Xbox hardware.

Oh, well. I can't see how they expect it to sell enough to make it viable if they dump everything in playstation. Can't have the cake and eat it too, not in this case.

I don't think anyone read my original post on this thread lol.

Leynos said:

Prob should have posted this in the Xbox forum.

I don't care if they make another Xbox or not. I also don't care if Sony makes another PlayStation or note. Done with consoles after this gen. Switch 2 only one I will consider. Xbox and PS will kill Physical next gen and thus I have no interest and I want to catch up on some retro stuff anyway

Ah sorry. I forget the forum is divided up into console categories too. 

Around the Network

It could just be that I'm so disconnected that I can't tell up from down anymore, but the entire console industry seems like it's lost a crap-ton of cultural relevance. Back during the PS1/PS2 era, gaming was the "it" thing. E3 dominated. Video games were pretty much the hottest thing on the planet, bar none.

But then things got weird. Wii happened. Grandmothers were waggling. Then ios and Angry Birds came along, followed by social media. And now... I just don't know. It sure feels like most of the buzz is gone; like the wind has been taken out of its sales and people have moved on.

Or, perhaps gaming has just gone the way of the smart phone. Been there, done that, nothing all that exciting. Another "thing" that we buy and do etc.

Who knows.

Personally I love how exclusives are dying. I also love emulation.

I figure my PC is effectively a NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, ps1, ps2, ps4, ps5, Xbox, Xbox Series x, master system, genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast.

I hope Sony and MS both continue pushing their games on other hardware. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

They are making new hardware but it seems it won't be a traditional console as we know it. I expect it will be a more niche product. They are going to primarily be a software publisher.