By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best mini game inside a game.

Best Mini game...

Gwent. 2 10.53%

Something that isn't Gwent. 15 78.95%

Mini games are ass 2 10.53%

Total:19

Kotor - Pazaak
Witcher 3 - Gwent
Sonic Adventure 2 - Chao Garden
Burnout 2/3 - Crash Junctions

Those last two are maybe too fleshed out to be classed as minigames.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

That spade card memory game from Mario 3.

Oh I forget about that, it was ahead of it's time. The one where you have to match the three cards in separate pieces frustrates the balls of me. 

kopstudent89 said:

I used to play a lot of pool on San Andreas

You'll be playing pool again in GTA 6 if the leaks about it following SA's nauances is true. 

I did like Pazaak in KOTOR.

Here's an obscure example. Of two 90's adventure games based on Ringworld books, the latter Return to Ringworld has a little board game available at certain spot at beginning of the game. It's been many many years, but I remember wishing to actually have that as physical game to play with people (because the computer opponents were too easy).
And the funny thing is that game was entirely meaningless, it had nothing to do with the actual game, it was just there. They really should've left it out and sold it as an actual board game. Today that'd still be worth paying couple bucks on mobile, as simple as it is.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Ah yes, Pazaak and Gwent, the successors of Arcomage (From Might & Magic VII and VIII). And just like them, a standalone version was released, though very short-lived due to 3DO's demise

Since I doubt many have played those old RPGs, here's a video:

You're the old(er) gift on this site that keeps on giving!

Great, now I feel old

Around the Network

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2

We reap what we sow

Wolfstone 3D Wolfenstien the New Colosus

Doom 1993 in Doom 2016/Eternal

3D Puzzle game in Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

Credits sequences in Platinum Games

Arcades in the Yakuza series

Arcades in Shenmue

Lucky Hit Shenmue II

The Island Builder in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth

8 Bit Games No More Heroes II

Space Runaway in Wanted: Dead

Chao Garden Sonic Adventure 2

PS1 era Namco Loading screens

Punching the car in SFII

Tycoon Persona 5R

May think of more later

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 August 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Wolfstone 3D Wolfenstien the New Colosus

Doom 1993 in Doom 2016/Eternal

3D Puzzle game in Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

Credits sequences in Platinum Games

Arcades in the Yakuza series

Arcades in Shenmue

Lucky Hit Shenmue II

The Island Builder in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth

8 Bit Games No More Heroes II

Space Runaway in Wanted: Dead

Chao Garden Sonic Adventure 2

PS1 era Namco Loading screens

Punching the car in SFII

Tycoon Persona 5R

May think of more later

The doom and Wolfenstien levels were genius. I'm not sure I'd consider the management simulation side of Yakuza games though as mini games. They have little mini games in them but they are more separate sections of the games. 

LegitHyperbole said:
SvennoJ said:

Catherine: Rapunzel

I spend as much time on the arcade machine in the bar as on the main part of the game.

Looks unique. I've no idea what is going on there though. 

The arcade game basically builds on to the game play sections of the main game. In the main game you quickly have to climb a wall by shifting blocks to get up higher while avoiding obstacles and staying ahead of an angry vagina chasing you.

The arcade game turns that into a very addictive puzzle game. There are 128 stages to solve, could have been its own game.

I'm not into card games at all, so all those kind of mini games are boring to me. Yet arcade machines in games always get my attention :)

SvennoJ said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Looks unique. I've no idea what is going on there though. 

The arcade game basically builds on to the game play sections of the main game. In the main game you quickly have to climb a wall by shifting blocks to get up higher while avoiding obstacles and staying ahead of an angry vagina chasing you.

The arcade game turns that into a very addictive puzzle game. There are 128 stages to solve, could have been its own game.

I'm not into card games at all, so all those kind of mini games are boring to me. Yet arcade machines in games always get my attention :)

An angry vagina is chasing you, lmao. I'll have to check this out now out of curiosity. Thought it was a visual novel about a love triangle, good to see it has actual gameplay.