By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can you can still have fun using a guide.

I'm...

Against guides 2 6.67%

All for guides 5 16.67%

Now and again I use guides 15 50.00%

Only use guides for platinum/completion 6 20.00%

No opinion. 2 6.67%

Total:30

Of course I can. Heck, in some games like Majora's Mask, using one is pretty much the only way to get 100% without being a sadist lol

Around the Network

I try to use one as little as possible, but if you tried everything for hours.....I have nothing against a guide.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Yes. I typically only use one when stuck. Rest I like to find out for myself.

Last edited by Leynos - on 24 August 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Depends of the kind of game and if I purposefully looking for min-maxing, completing all quests or figuring out secrets

I got no time to spend to figure out what to do - if I get stuck, I use a guide.

Around the Network

Depends. Sometimes theres certain quests or items that I cant imagine people ever got without guides.

I try to avoid using them for the most part but if I'm enjoying a game due to aspects like its gameplay and story and some random puzzle stumps me and grinds the pacing to a halt I have no qualms about looking up the solution after a while to get back to the stuff I care about.

Of course I can.
I had a Nintendo Power guide handy (one of the last they made) of Super Paper Mario and it helped me on several occasions.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I try to do things on my own first. After I give up I’ll use a guide to get me past

The only guide ive ever used is for botw and next will be for totk. Physical guides of course