By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo games do you want them to change up the current formula for their next big title?

Pajderman said:

Fire emblem. Less dating sim, more strategy, faster gameplay (snappier animations), harder.

Around the Network
Pajderman said:

Fire emblem. Less dating sim, more strategy, faster gameplay (snappier animations), harder.

I'm bored to death with the dating Sims elements too, but Engage, Fates (Conquest) and Three Houses are more strategic than Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance by far

The caveat is that you need to play on higher difficulty settings (though Hard for Conquest is enough, Lunatic is an absurdity lol). Awakening is an oddity because the difficulty on Lunatic came from bad balancing that Fates addressed 

I've played Hector Hard Mode from Blazing Blade and honestly it was a significantly easier compared to Fates or Engage, specially if you play Lyn mode first and level some units like Lucius, Lyn, Florina and Saint

Sacred Stones is simply putting Seth on choke points and let him tank until another Cavalier promotes to Paladin and assumes Seth role. Even without skirmish abuse is a dead ass game even when you play on hard with Eirika route being a stronger contender to be the easiest FE ever 

POR is similar to Sacred Stones just change Seth to Titania. Worse, you can give XP outside battle to train week units and transform them in monsters without the need to create strategies on how to train them. Enemy quality is low and your party is busted. Again the easiest FE just behind SS

So I disagree with the idea FE are becoming less strategic and easier with time 

Radiant Dawn and FE6 are the only ones I find hard from 2000s Fire Emblems, Three Houses early game Maddening remember me a bit of Radiant Dawn Hard, in the sense you have a small and obnoxiously weak cast who needs to team up to defeat any enemy lol, but 3H gets much more lenient if you understand the Meta, it just take time for you to understand the mechanics in depth, while RD gets easier in Part 3 when Ike's army come to play regardless of you understanding the game's Meta

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 21 August 2024

Pajderman said:

100% agreed.  Christ all the talking/dating/nonsense is such a massive distraction for the franchise.  It is why games like FFT are still better.  

And if there is going to be a bunch of relationship crap, go the Triangle Strategy route where it actually changes significantly the course of events.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Pajderman said:

100% agreed.  Christ all the talking/dating/nonsense is such a massive distraction for the franchise.  It is why games like FFT are still better.  

And if there is going to be a bunch of relationship crap, go the Triangle Strategy route where it actually changes significantly the course of events.  

Well the truth is the IP was in shambles before weebs (who loves pairings and couples) take over the fandom. The sad reality of JRPGs is unless you go for anime crowd pandering you will flop. Final Fantasy rejected pandering to weebs crowd and the sales just plummeted

Engage character design looks like a really low quality isekai anime. It's horrendous. 

HoloDust said:
Leynos said:

Erm BoTW and ToTk are closer to the original Zelda than the linear games with LTTP and onward. They remade Zelda NES for testing purposes for BoTW is the most Original Zelda since Original Zelda. You want LTTP and OoT which is where the series became stale. Not saying every game needs to be BoTW as that will get old fast. But keep it open in some way and not linear.

No, I said want I want - to be more like original Zelda. BotW is not like original Zelda since it's lacking one of (pun intended) "key" pillars of original Zelda design - which is gate and key (either literal, or metaphorical), hence not having gated open world, in addition to having terrible dungeons.

Later Zeldas became more and more linear - BotW overcompensated and become too open world. I find that balance where both open world and "dungeon first" design principle works best is in original Zelda formula.

Except BoTW does what Zelda NES does. Non linear and approach anything from any angle you want in any order you want. Not to mention the secrets of discovery by exploration.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
HoloDust said:

No, I said want I want - to be more like original Zelda. BotW is not like original Zelda since it's lacking one of (pun intended) "key" pillars of original Zelda design - which is gate and key (either literal, or metaphorical), hence not having gated open world, in addition to having terrible dungeons.

Later Zeldas became more and more linear - BotW overcompensated and become too open world. I find that balance where both open world and "dungeon first" design principle works best is in original Zelda formula.

Except BoTW does what Zelda NES does. Non linear and approach anything from any angle you want in any order you want. Not to mention the secrets of discovery by exploration.

Maybe you need to refresh your memory on NES Zelda (I sure won't do it here) - there is gating in NES Zelda, unlike BotW. Yes, BotW is attempt at recreating NES Zelda, no, I don't think it's quite successful one due to lack of mentioned gating and terrible BotW dungeons.

Pokemon. I think the most doable because theres a lot you can change in that franchise to improve it. At the same time however, its the IP they are the least likely to change since its the goose of the golden eggs.

Switch's 2 first 3D Zelda should be a hybrid of Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild.
Keep an open world but make it smaller and more focused. Just because there is going to be a more powerful piece of hardware doesn't mean the map has to be bigger.
Bring back
-The Green Tunic
-Fairy Fountain Title Select Music
-Required items and dungeons to beat the final boss.
Add
-Some more underwater gameplay. Ground, underground and sky were the focus in TOTK.

Smash needs to change its focus. Even if the roster count is similar to Ultimate, it has to be a little smaller or only barely bigger and there need to be roster cuts.
A single-player (or 2 player co-op) mode that surpasses the Subspace Emissary should happen.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I want an "open solar system" StarFox game. That would be epic.

StarFox has not been a resounding success since the Nintendo 64 days and needs a shakeup after the pretty average WiiU release.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I want an "open solar system" StarFox game. That would be epic.

StarFox has not been a resounding success since the Nintendo 64 days and needs a shakeup after the pretty average WiiU release.

So far Starlink is the closest we have. Decent game. Chorvs is a great hidden gem to try. It's regional areas but they are big with dungeons and enough side content.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!