By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

AddRat said:

I get preferring GoW 2018 or appreciating its graphical achievements but since mechanics and depth throwing into the conversation, are you saying that DMC and Bayo lag behind GoW? On actual mechanical depth?

I only played dmc5 recently and played it on hard, so I will it compare it to that. Dmc5 was so easy it was basically a button masher in comparison to gow 2018. you need perfect side steps  or rolls, plus, also using strategy while using runes, it aslo helps that the level design where you could explore and actually find thing to level up but interms of the combat I would say its much more challenging while dmc5 you can Button mash and finish the game easily even on hard difficulty. The level design is boring and ugly graphically as well.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 August 2024

Around the Network
Leynos said:
AddRat said:

I get preferring GoW 2018 or appreciating its graphical achievements but since mechanics and depth throwing into the conversation, are you saying that DMC and Bayo lag behind GoW? On actual mechanical depth?

Esp since DMC has an entire reboot in DmC to dumb the series down and simplify it for people like ZR. Those people claim it's the best DmC or a great game. It's a pile of shit with a cringe tone and dialogue trying too hard to be 2003 Edglord a decade late. Combat is much simpler and worse. DMC5 is about as mechanically in-depth as combat gets for action games. Level design is just fine but DMC5's one downside is level variety. Something earlier entries were better at. GoW series is as dumbed down and approachable as it gets. Esp the old ones and newer ones. 2018 is average at best combat but a step above the trash 1 button shit of the older games.

The best the West ever got to replicating DMC combat depth is Soulstice.

I don't want it simplified I want the game to actually required you to remember enemy patterns,  instead of just button mashing, and that level design reminds of ps2 era, game is a joke.

zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

Just an Unreal Engine 5 game using Unreal Engine 5's entire feature set.
I.E. Lumen and Nanite.

Lumen isn't the best form of lighting out currently, so this game by extension doesn't have the best lighting.

Do you only judge graphics by engines or lighting? Artistic design is also a huge part of graphics that's why  people view of the best looking will be always be subjective.  The art in the game is better then anything using u5 so far.

You made a claim. I rebuked said claim.
Seems the majority in this thread disagree with your various incorrect assertions anyway.

Unreal Engine games can look impressive for each console generation they have debuted on, but they do tend to look "samey" as they are using the exact same rendering pipeline... And often the same middleware like Speed Tree.

It's the more custom engines that tend to shine.

And considering your thread title is based on the "visuals" of a game. I.E. "Looks to be the first true nextgen game" and your first post states "the graphics look amazing as well" - It would seem graphics and first impressions are also important to you.
If not, then you haven't learned anything over the last few days.

I also literally don't care about your subjective view points, I only care about objective facts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Do you only judge graphics by engines or lighting? Artistic design is also a huge part of graphics that's why  people view of the best looking will be always be subjective.  The art in the game is better then anything using u5 so far.

You made a claim. I rebuked said claim.
Seems the majority in this thread disagree with your various incorrect assertions anyway.

Unreal Engine games can look impressive for each console generation they have debuted on, but they do tend to look "samey" as they are using the exact same rendering pipeline... And often the same middleware like Speed Tree.

It's the more custom engines that tend to shine.

And considering your thread title is based on the "visuals" of a game. I.E. "Looks to be the first true nextgen game" and your first post states "the graphics look amazing as well" - It would seem graphics and first impressions are also important to you.
If not, then you haven't learned anything over the last few days.

I also literally don't care about your subjective view points, I only care about objective facts.

Sorry I'm not gonna learn from someone that doesn't even know the differnce between fact and opinion.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I don't view sekiro or GoW as action games, most adventure/action.  Black was amazing.  I'll concede that one.

Yea it also helps that black was graphical stunner at a locked 60fps, while Bayonetta on wiiu ran 40-60fps.

CEMU, 60 fps at 4k.  Awesome game.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

Preferred graphics and technical are two drastically different aspects. My favorite is wind waker HD... but I know it isn't remotely technically impressive.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Now I know you are crazy.  

If the level design is linear with no exploring or secrets I would consider terrible. Not to mention i think the art style is horrendous.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Bayonetta has good level design if a bit linear like and the art style is not horrendous, it's unique and very stylish. This is your personal taste and you're confusing subjectivity with objectivity. The art style is objectively good wheter you like the style of it or not and as for DMC, have you played DMC4, it's got excellent level design as does DMC: Devil May Cry with lots of metroid vania aspects. DMC5 faltered in this regard but it still wasn't terrible just mediocre. 

Chrkeller said:

Preferred graphics and technical are two drastically different aspects. My favorite is wind waker HD... but I know it isn't remotely technically impressive.

Wind waker is so behind on techicals that it doesn't compete. The best looking ps4 games with of course  4K resolution bump hold up really well, especially if you don't care about framerate. It's why many people still have last of us 2 and red dead 2 as their best looking games of all time.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 August 2024

Chrkeller said:

The original Wind waker still looks good, proving artstyle is as important as being technically impressive. 

Wind Waker using particle effects and tessellation at the time was impressive.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!