By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Norion said:
LegitHyperbole said:

R.I.P ZeldaRing

I won't exactly miss his posts but the bias in the ban reasoning isn't ideal and a permaban seems a bit much when he hadn't been banned many times before and there's typically more leniency before going that far for example giving a final warning with a long ban. Just seems unusually strict when stuff worse than his antics has happened in the past on here including earlier this year that didn't get punished anywhere near that strongly.

What happened earlier this year?

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
Norion said:

I won't exactly miss his posts but the bias in the ban reasoning isn't ideal and a permaban seems a bit much when he hadn't been banned many times before and there's typically more leniency before going that far for example giving a final warning with a long ban. Just seems unusually strict when stuff worse than his antics has happened in the past on here including earlier this year that didn't get punished anywhere near that strongly.

To not overly derail the thread I'll send a direct message.

So what happened?

Zeldaring made a politically incorrect comment and was permanently banned? Odd that calling for the murder of an entire political group was a week ban.  

and yet people don't think there is a forum bias.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

So what happened?

Zeldaring made a politically incorrect comment and was permanently banned? Odd that calling for the murder of an entire political group was a week ban.  

To be fair it probably wasn't mainly due to that and more it was the final straw on top of being sick of his antics but yeah since you brought it up that was one of the things I was referring to and the disparity in treatment there and for Zeldaring is the first time since that Hogwarts Legacy thread that I've felt concerned about the bias here since while I wouldn't support a perma in either case since I support free speech I'd say that incident is clearly much more deserving of it than his antics combined with that comment he made.

Though it taking 1.5 years for me to feel concerned about it again means it could be much, much worse at least.

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

So what happened?

To be fair it probably wasn't mainly due to that and more it was the final straw on top of being sick of his antics but yeah since you brought it up that was one of the things I was referring to and the disparity in treatment there and for Zeldaring is the first time since that Hogwarts Legacy thread that I've felt concerned about the bias here since while I wouldn't support a perma in either case since I support free speech I'd say that incident is clearly much more deserving of it than his antics combined with that comment he made.

Though it taking 1.5 years for me to feel concerned about it again means it could be much, much worse at least.

It could be much worse, you're allowing yourself to say Hogwarts Legacy. People on ERA have to refer to it as the wizard game in a really ironic way like the game and J.K has become Voldemort. It's really weird and strange. 

Permaban seems harsh, not sure what he did in the past though or what was the straw that broke things. 

Around the Network
Norion said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Send said message my way as well!

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 August 2024

BOSSMAN COMMENTED; COMMENT REMOVED. FORGIVE ME CGI.

==

I wasn't around for the ban, nor did I discuss it, nor have I yet discussed it, Lol.

I'm just basing on what I see here and saying my opinion, the ban in itself was justified and maybe the time length would be debatable if Zeldaring wasn't an all round awful user who consistently got himself in trouble, who consistently had users PMing us about him, who was consistently reported on a monthly basis, this month alone I saw one time where he had around 6-8 reports on him, he was a consistent troublemaker and one of few users who even get reported nowadays because they are causing trouble.

If Bandorr wants to use that ban to move into a permaban because Zeldaring is all-round awful then I personally support that decision because we're not losing anything important, personally, I was one more legit report away from banning him entirely from the Nintendo topics and I have no doubt he would have continued his antics even with that ban but in general Gaming topics.

I have my suspicions he was an alt anyway but I could never confirm, pretty sure some users think he was QuickRick, Lol.

==

Having said that, like CGI said before his edit, this is off-topic so it'd be better to PM CGI/Bandorr.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:
Norion said:

It could be much worse, you're allowing yourself to say Hogwarts Legacy. People on ERA have to refer to it as the wizard game in a really ironic way like the game and J.K has become Voldemort. It's really weird and strange. 

Permaban seems harsh, not sure what he did in the past though or what was the straw that broke things

Ryuu's comment goes into it and if you'd like more detail you can PM the people he mentioned.

CGI-Quality said:
Norion said:

Send said message my way as well!

Will do.

Norion said:
LegitHyperbole said:

R.I.P ZeldaRing

Bans are not the only type of moderations people recieve. And they don't always recieve a moderation if they technically skirt the rules. Do you know how many times per month the mods have to review not just reports about Zeldaring, but entire e-mails?

This is a volunteered position with no pay. People's time is valuable and there is a limit to how much of it should be occupied by one person consistently, as it affects our ability to work with other issues.

One of many reasons why it's against the rules for members to discuss moderator decisions on the forum as you are doing is because it always gets misrepresented because people don't know what goes on in Modchat.

Final warnings before a perma ban tends to be reserved for members who either have displayed the potential or willingness to improve, or have other redeeming qualities they bring to the forum. I don't think any of that applied to Zeldaring.
While I was not involved in the decision to ban him, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

As for the other incident that lead to a week's ban, I don't know who that is referring to, but I would like to hear about it, so send me that PM as well.

Last edited by Hiku - on 25 August 2024

Meh, to each their own. I enjoyed Zelda'a unique and differing opinions. I used to chat with him via PM. Oh well, plenty of other places to spend one's time.

Wrapping up Deaths Door and might move onto Black Myth.

Edit

As for the other incident where someone called for the murder of all conservatives, that thread was deleted.  Read into that what you will.  Does seem curious that a bunch of mods weren't even aware of the situation.

Screw it.  Things are what they are.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 25 August 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED