By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Had a right look at the ps5 version on my 4k TV. Can't stand that artifacting. Worse than Cyberpunk on PRO or any other game I've ever seen it in, Not a chance could I play that, it's the most disgusting visual effects in gaming. I'd prefer the game to have jaggies that that nonsense. Such a pity, I was ready to add this to my ps5 first few games to play list come Black Friday but this leaves it unplayable for me when there's any down time between fights I start focusing on the assets and world. 

Around the Network

Oh and here's what it looks like streamed in 1080p. I'd say if you have the Internet the best place to play this is Geforce now. 

LegitHyperbole said:

Had a right look at the ps5 version on my 4k TV. Can't stand that artifacting. Worse than Cyberpunk on PRO or any other game I've ever seen it in, Not a chance could I play that, it's the most disgusting visual effects in gaming. I'd prefer the game to have jaggies that that nonsense. Such a pity, I was ready to add this to my ps5 first few games to play list come Black Friday but this leaves it unplayable for me when there's any down time between fights I start focusing on the assets and world. 

I've read performance mode can run below 720p but is being upscaled to 1440p. Can't find an official source on that though. Just screenshots from a PS5 review.

G2ThaUNiT said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I've read performance mode can run below 720p but is being upscaled to 1440p. Can't find an official source on that though. Just screenshots from a PS5 review.

I'd believe it. Cyberpunk was the same on PRO, drop it to 1080 and your still getting the fuzziness. 

LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I'd believe it. Cyberpunk was the same on PRO, drop it to 1080 and your still getting the fuzziness. 

There's been a lot of speculation that UE5 released too early and I honestly believe it. Practically every UE5 game has major technical issues or requires too much power. 

Around the Network

Remember how so many devs struggled with UE3 in the 7th gen? Also, it had a 30FPS limit. Bad texture load in issues. Even took Epic until Gears 3 to fully master it on 360. A handful of Wii games used UE3 and they were bad games with bad performance. Without knowing a lot about either UE3 or 5. Just the struggles of UE5 remind me of 7th gen console struggles with UE3. When PS4 came about we saw some nice looking UE3 games that ran well. Dragon Quest Heroes. Mortal Kombat X is a couple of examples. So maybe next gen we get some nice UE5 games on console before UE6 takes over.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Nah, there was a short period there for a while when PC was lagging a bit. All there was that looked better was Star wars Battle Front among a few others. Uncharted 4 and Horizon were blowing all else away. Not in terms of technical stuff but in terms of what you were looking at on screen. Even The Last of us 2 gave PC a run for it's money. Then the 2080 dropped and 3080, then 4080 and PC took a huge lead again but in that late stage 1080, 8th gen was holding up. Plenty of PC gamers minds were blown across the forums I was using by how well ps4 was doing and all there was on PC was unreleased glorified tech demos like Star Citizen. And yes, the gap has dramatically sized up again as it was before mid to late 8th gen. 

Meh, not really.  Bare in mind those PC games were true 1080p and 60 fps.  Not upscaled 1080p and 30 fps.  PC has always been ahead.  Witcher 3 on PC is quite stunning.  

I mean the ps4 is roughly similar to a 750 ti...  a 1080 is literally 500% more powerful.  PC has always crushed consoles, including Uncharted.  

edit

Hell a 980 smokes a ps4.  

Order 1886, RDR 2, GOW 2018 looked better then anything on PC for a console gamer used to 30fps. since you are very senstive to 30fps you will not agree.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Meh, not really.  Bare in mind those PC games were true 1080p and 60 fps.  Not upscaled 1080p and 30 fps.  PC has always been ahead.  Witcher 3 on PC is quite stunning.  

I mean the ps4 is roughly similar to a 750 ti...  a 1080 is literally 500% more powerful.  PC has always crushed consoles, including Uncharted.  

edit

Hell a 980 smokes a ps4.  

Order 1886, RDR 2, GOW 2018 looked better then anything on PC for a console gamer used to 30fps. since you are very senstive to 30fps you will not agree.

Lol, no.  In 2018 the PC was popping out way better fidelity than GoW 2018.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

what games are talking about? cause rdr2 was easily the most impressive game technically. Especially  on xbox x. what about order 1886 that looked better then anythong on PC as well.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

what games are talking about? cause rdr2 was easily the most impressive game technically. Especially  on xbox x. what about order 1886 that looked better then anythong on PC as well.

Just look at facts and not personal preference.  A 1060 is a low end 2016 GPU and runs GoW 2018 exceptionally well....  a low end 2016 GPU that launches two years before GoW.

You are viewing things based on personal preference.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED