By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that are pure dopamine blasts.

The most dopamine heavy title is...

Diablo series 2 14.29%

Path of Exile 0 0%

Destiny series 2 14.29%

World of War craft 1 7.14%

Final Fantasy 14 online 1 7.14%

Elder Scrolls online 0 0%

Warframe 0 0%

Runescape 0 0%

Minecraft 0 0%

Other in comments 8 57.14%

Total:14

Oh I have a maybe strange choice.

Classic Tetris. When those blocks start to fall faster and playing on high risk to get the best score. Getting a Tetris (4 row) on a higher level feels really satisfying.

Around the Network

Gotta agree with the guy who said metroidvanias

Ori, Hollow Knight, Metroid Dread, Deadcells, Dandara, Bloodstained are all dopamine rush games for me

Also, not a Metroidvania but Hades is pure dopamine blasts. Only a game like that to make you spend 20 hours playing the fucking same levels again and again until you beat them

Tober said:

Oh I have a maybe strange choice.

Classic Tetris. When those blocks start to fall faster and playing on high risk to get the best score. Getting a Tetris (4 row) on a higher level feels really satisfying.

Not a odd choice at all. this was perhaps the original dopamine blast game. Tetris effect takes it even further and adds the music and light show. So satisfying to get multiple tetris' in that game as it speeds up and the heart starts pumping faster while your sucking up all the dopamine. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

Gotta agree with the guy who said metroidvanias

Ori, Hollow Knight, Metroid Dread, Deadcells, Dandara, Bloodstained are all dopamine rush games for me

Also, not a Metroidvania but Hades is pure dopamine blasts. Only a game like that to make you spend 20 hours playing the fucking same levels again and again until you beat them

Have you tried Ender LIlies: The knight quietus? 

LegitHyperbole said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I find that Metroidvanias are the best source of dopamine in gaming. To plagiarize myself: there’s something innately satisfying about the genre's incremental progression, grid-based exploration, and omnipresent, motivational feeling of discovery.

Oh yeah, come to think of it they are. There's a "free" one out on PS+, I downloaded it now coincidentally called Ender Lillies The knights quites. Looks like a mix of Hollow knight and ori. Any experience?

YES. It’s great. Sort of a mixture between a Metroidvania and Souls-like — although it’s rather forgiving.

Please feel free the check out my review: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/449606/ender-lilies-quietus-of-the-knights-ns/

Around the Network

Shenmue

Strider 2

VanQuish. The best playing TPS ever made. (I like gears a lot as well so don't fret) 

make me happy playing them

Mario 64 is another.

Bulk Slash my favorite SEGA Saturn game. Name more later.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Especially the remake of 1-2. The games handle really well, and putting together combos / massive scores, and levelling up your stats is very satisfying.

Cruis'n Blast

Any SSX game

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 + 2

Any Mario Kart

Bioshock

And an odd choice perhaps but I liked the first Red Steel a lot, it kept my blood pumping. But only the shooting parts.

GoOnKid said:

Cruis'n Blast

Any SSX game

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 + 2

Any Mario Kart

Bioshock

And an odd choice perhaps but I liked the first Red Steel a lot, it kept my blood pumping. But only the shooting parts.

SSX is a perfect example. Tony hawk Proskater 1 and 2 also as long as you learn how to keep the trick chain going. 

drbunnig said:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Especially the remake of 1-2. The games handle really well, and putting together combos / massive scores, and levelling up your stats is very satisfying.

Hah, you read my mind.