Forums - Politics Discussion - EU and UK politics [OT]

The UK rioters are made up of...

The Far right 13 54.17%

Some Far right, mostly normal people. 2 8.33%

Normal everyday working class people 6 25.00%

A mix of both 3 12.50%

Total:24
Ryuu96 said:

There's not going to be riots every time someone kills someone...There almost certainly wouldn't have been riots this time around if fake news wasn't spread. Plus the counter-protests are starting to heavily outnumber the protests in many areas of the country now, Brits are sick of the protests and people trashing up our country already.

The riots will have a lasting effect, the thing is - what it will be exactly. I hope, the change will be for the better, of course.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

The Internet had me believing this was a man. Apparently not.

This was sick and once again, fake news bullshit heavily amplified by Twitter and Twitter influencers, twats like Andrew Tate and JK Rowling spreading their vile hatred. Italian boxer cried and so because Imane doesn't conform to their beauty standards, she must be a man, oh and the banned, Russian-influenced governing body banned Imane after she beat a Russian boxer but provided no proof for their claims.

JK Rowling still banging on about it, I knew it was only a matter of time before her insanity extended to born-females. The only thing you need to know to know that it was bullshit in the first place is she's from frigging Algeria, a country with such extreme anti-LGBTQ laws that it's more likely that Algeria would have thrown Imane in prison than send her to represent them if she really was trans.

Hope she wins gold, she deserves it after the shit everyone put her through.

You got your wish. She won the gold. 

SanAndreasX said:
Ryuu96 said:

This was sick and once again, fake news bullshit heavily amplified by Twitter and Twitter influencers, twats like Andrew Tate and JK Rowling spreading their vile hatred. Italian boxer cried and so because Imane doesn't conform to their beauty standards, she must be a man, oh and the banned, Russian-influenced governing body banned Imane after she beat a Russian boxer but provided no proof for their claims.

JK Rowling still banging on about it, I knew it was only a matter of time before her insanity extended to born-females. The only thing you need to know to know that it was bullshit in the first place is she's from frigging Algeria, a country with such extreme anti-LGBTQ laws that it's more likely that Algeria would have thrown Imane in prison than send her to represent them if she really was trans.

This will make people more angry. 

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

The Internet had me believing this was a man. Apparently not.

Yeah, its pretty fucked up. She had developmental defects that make her more manly. Yeah, it makes no sense but like myself people won't look further into it, I only got the true facts cause Alanah researched it. She would have been stoned or decapitated if she was transgender, never mind making it to the Olympics. But in the defence of people still misinformed, her voice really does sound like she's a man imitating a woman, honestly. 

KingofTrolls said:
Ryuu96 said:

Another British person will kill someone? Yeah, that's likely, the average is 607 homicides per year.

Dont get me wrong, i want to point out that there is no return to the previous situation, for better or worse.

Lets say, a new standard or something like this.

The new standard won't last very long if this becomes a regular thing. People in Portland Oregon might be able to get away with rioting ever other week but the Brits would bring the army in real fast and make a REAL new normal. Look up the troubles in northren Ireland to show you what's happen if this this continues and doesn't die down.

Anyway, the counter protests are out, no-ones rioting. Seems like they won't clash and that's a damn good sign. It's over unless some Far right pundant rattles the people again into hysteria. As long as we make it through this stretch, the weekend or so without violence, it's all good. If it continues like you say it will then we can except the entire UK to reshape itself into one side and the other and severely knock their standard of living into an open air prison system. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

The new standard won't last very long if this becomes a regular thing.

Southport was not the reason the riots have started, it had only ignited the flame. The riots ot this scale are not make out of the blue.

There is the need for some deep, structural reform in the UK, I mean in the state and in the society as well.

The new standard I've talked about earlier, will be either this deep reform, or the balkanization of the situation on the streets with different mobs pushing their agendas. There is no return to the previous situation, there is no escape.

KingofTrolls said:
LegitHyperbole said:

The new standard won't last very long if this becomes a regular thing.

Southport was not the reason the riots have started, it had only ignited the flame. The riots ot this scale are not make out of the blue.

There is the need for some deep, structural reform in the UK, I mean in the state and in the society as well.

The new standard I've talked about earlier, will be either this deep reform, or the balkanization of the situation on the streets with different mobs pushing their agendas. There is no return to the previous situation, there is no escape.

Well, yeah. There's no chance of mass deportation so they're gonna have to live alongside each other which puts them in the same boat as Northern Ireland before the troubles ended albeit it seems more likely to be two dividing groups and more like a few based on different factors, it'll be way more nuanced with tribes forming at the local level. Let's see how these counter protests go first and not speak too soon. 

LegitHyperbole said:
SanAndreasX said:

This will make people more angry. 

Oh, well. 

LegitHyperbole said:

Hard to hear anyone when they’re wearing a balaclava or covering up their face.  

sad what’s taking place in the UK. Hopefully both sides calm down and peace prevails.