By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Best graphics on Nintendo Switch

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm hoping the switch 2 has betteroad times. I'm replaying pikmin 4 and the load times are awful.

Rumor is it's SSD is 2.1GB which is slightly slower than Series X.

Is that the projected bandwidth of the game cart media?

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
Renamed said:
Leynos said:

Rumor is it's SSD is 2.1GB which is slightly slower than Series X.

Probably. It'd been some time since I saw it.  The cart makes more sense.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I love mario and zelda, but I find pkimin and luigi mansion series so underrated. Pikmin 4 replay is going well. Such a great game.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

Should be plenty fast.  Thank God.  I hate loading.  

Never own a Neo Geo CD unless you like a Juggling Monkey. It can take over a minute for stuff to load lol

They are least had the decency to later release a model expressly to shorten the load times.

Leynos said:
Renamed said:

Probably. It'd been some time since I saw it.  The cart makes more sense.

It's not SSD, the Famiiboards shipping leaks shows it'll utilize UFS 3.1 

It's plenty fast for what it'll have to manage on the sucessor and suited for the smaller form factor model. SSD's would be a drain on the battery

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I think it's okay to bump this thread because there's new stuff to discuss and although it was previously only discussing first-party titles, now DF has released a video on their most impressive third-party titles on the Switch. I haven't watched it yet but maybe we can get some actual good discussion out of this one. Will share my thoughts later when I've had a chance to go through it. 

Around the Network

I'll have to sit down and watch the whole video after work, but scanning the written article I agree with a lot of their picks such as Ace Combat 7, (I'm actually playing through that now and it looks phenomenal) the Crysis Remasters, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Sniper Elite 4, Zombie Army 4, Alien Isolation, etc.

Stuff like Witcher 3, Doom Eternal, etc I find more impressive in terms of "wow I can't believe this runs on the system" more than being among the best looking Switch games per se, as they do take a hit in terms of fidelity due to how demanding they are.

Here's the written version btw: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2024-best-graphics-on-nintendo-switch-seven-years-of-third-party-developer-brilliance

Doom: Eternal and The Witcher 3, and Ark (fixed) are some of the most impressive in terms of how they pulled them off, but they obviously are not the best graphics at all. The graphics suck because it's such an undertaking to get the games on Switch.
Luigi's Mansion 3 is the best to me. It fulfills the appearance of an animated movie beautifully.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Best looking 3rd party game would be Sparks of Hope for me. Great looking game.

Stuff like Doom, I think it is cool it runs on the switch but is meh at best for me. 540p at 30 fps isn't playable, personal opinion.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Okay I finally got to watch the whole video.
Personally I should swap some examples like Yooka Laylee and GRID Autosport for stuff like Outlast II and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter which looks impressively close to the PS4/XBO versions.