By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

God, I need Harris-Walz to win to inject some positivity back into the world.

You should really tie your feelings to something else than politics. Harris-Walz may be less worse than Trump-Vance, but they will make plenty decisions for big companies against people. So I wouldn't call them positivity for the world. Just maybe less catastrophic.

But there are plenty of reasons to be positive about the world. Technological progress saved in all ages more peoples lives than any political ideology and I see few reasons to think it will stop now. Think alone the saved lifes through vaccines or better food growing techniques. As long as technology progresses it may be a stony path to bring these advancements to the people, but ultimately it will happen. So that is something to be positive about. Follow more science news, there are exciting developments all the time! For instance have you ever heard about Dark O₂? Google it (or search on Youtube, I consume a lot of science content on Youtube). That is such an exciting new discovery. Science news always bring me enjoyment.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

God, I need Harris-Walz to win to inject some positivity back into the world.

You should really tie your feelings to something else than politics. Harris-Walz may be less worse than Trump-Vance, but they will make plenty decisions for big companies against people. So I wouldn't call them positivity for the world. Just maybe less catastrophic.

But there are plenty of reasons to be positive about the world. Technological progress saved in all ages more peoples lives than any political ideology and I see few reasons to think it will stop now. Think alone the saved lifes through vaccines or better food growing techniques. As long as technology progresses it may be a stony path to bring these advancements to the people, but ultimately it will happen. So that is something to be positive about. Follow more science news, there are exciting developments all the time! For instance have you ever heard about Dark Oâ‚‚? Google it (or search on Youtube, I consume a lot of science content on Youtube). That is such an exciting new discovery. Science news always bring me enjoyment.

What else is there other than politics?!

Nah, I know, I tend to regard myself as a positive person who tries to look for the silver lining in things, Lol. So yeah, I know there's a lot of positive things in the world still, I love technology advancements (and nature) and I do very much agree that we're far better off today than we were in the 90s, 80s, etc. I even looked at that other thread on here and had a chuckle to myself internally, laughing to myself at how negative some of the predictions for the future were, Lol.

Largely though I do believe that Harris-Walz will not only be far better for Americans (minorities, women, LGBTQ+) and the environment than Trump-Vance but also far better for the wider world, I know they will do shit things too, every government does but I know progress isn't a straight line to the top, it's often bumpy, hence why I'm not one of those "they all suck, don't vote for any!" types of people.

Not everything will be fixed, the UK is in a pretty bad state right now, the Israel-Hamas war will still continue, the Ukraine-Russia war will still continue which I've followed every single day for over 2 years now and I have a lot of anger towards Biden for certain aspects of his handling of that (slowness, timidness, etc). But I fully believe Harris-Walz will be 100x better than the shitshow of Trump-Vance and will be some extra positivity. For foreign matters, once this election is over with I'm turning my attention largely back over to Ukraine, hopefully with America heading in the right direction rather than sliding backwards 100 steps. It'll be one less thing to worry about, Lol.

Science news brings me enjoyment too.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 September 2024

The New York...Post?!

Haha. NY Post is a shit-rag tabloid like the Dailymail/TheSun.

God if even they are saying Harris won...

I think it's time for JD Vance to become the Republican Presidential Nominee.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This is why I think the Republican party will collapse after Trump, hopefully, loses.

The maga people are like Trump. Psychotic and narcissistic. What they do they do primarily to feed their egos. It's why so many former Trump people write books about him and speak out against him. It's not because they were fooled and saw the light. They knew exactly who he was and rolled with it until it no longer served them.  Then they realized the best way to get attention was to speak out against Trump and get some adulation from that crowd.

The thing that's holding this together is Trump. We know that many people, like JD Vance, despise him privately. But he is the head of the cult, and they can't speak against him.

If Trump loses again, there's no way he runs again at 82 unless he runs as a third party. And there is no heir apparent. All the whack jobs are going to try to become the next Trump like a dystopian version of the Apprentice. I don't think there is any way a viable Republican party emerges. 

I've found it difficult to meet one American that says they're having a better time over the last four years verses the prior four. When I interact with them they acknowledge it, sort of pause, then proclaim they're voting for Kalama. When asked what's it based on, there's lots of platitudes and diverting, before finally falling on "Trump's just x." No policy they like or often even know about the candidate chosen for them, no honest fandom for their candidate, no moral reasoning for their candidate. They just hate the other guy.

It's interesting that one person can make such a wide swathe of people go mad. It's certainly something for the sociology majors.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:

I've found it difficult to meet one American that says they're having a better time over the last four years verses the prior four. When I interact with them they acknowledge it, sort of pause, then proclaim they're voting for Kalama. When asked what's it based on, there's lots of platitudes and diverting, before finally falling on "Trump's just x." No policy they like or often even know about the candidate chosen for them, no honest fandom for their candidate, no moral reasoning for their candidate. They just hate the other guy.

It's interesting that one person can make such a wide swathe of people go mad. It's certainly something for the sociology majors.

Yeah, I'm sure.

IkePoR said:

The covid inflation is the biggest reason Trump might have a chance.  The inflation had nothing to do with Biden/Harris but it still happened under them.  Had covid happened two years earlier in 2018, all of the inflation would have have happened under Trumps term.  The problem is, most people saw the inflation under Biden and Republicans lie that it was because of Bidenomics.  Me personally, my salary outpaces inflation, as does my brother and sisters salaries.