By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cosy comfortable games.

Animal Crossing, for sure.
New Leaf and New Horizons are the most relaxing because the villagers are the most mellow and I honestly think it's tougher for the OG and Wild World to be as relaxing due to the low-poly graphics.
Nintendogs on DS and 3DS are quite relaxing for the most part.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

The streetpass gardening game was really nice and peaceful. Switch 2 needs more streetpass.

RENT A HERO NO 1

It's just a cozy weird game. In a small but detailed world. It's it's Similar to Shenmue in some aspects. You even get to square off with Segata Sanshiro!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Harvest Moon comes to mind. The very first one on SNES. Never played any of the sequels. I tried Stardew Valley, but that game got just too much content, I couldn't wrap my head around it. I know that's a crazy complaint, but I do seriously lack time to play video games at the moment. But my son is already 11 years old. He should get more independent in the near future so I can finally invest more time in gaming. =D

Now that I think of it, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is also a great example.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Harvest Moon comes to mind. The very first one on SNES. Never played any of the sequels. I tried Stardew Valley, but that game got just too much content, I couldn't wrap my head around it. I know that's a crazy complaint, but I do seriously lack time to play video games at the moment. But my son is already 11 years old. He should get more independent in the near future so I can finally invest more time in gaming. =D

Now that I think of it, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is also a great example.

Oh yes, ETS2 was very cosy. I played it with the radio mod to get local (internet) radio stations for the part of Europe I was driving through. Thus listening to night and morning shows from all over Europe with the 6 hour time difference. Morning commute traffic report in German, Italian music over the mountains, British night radio talk shows.

It was very relaxing to climb into the cab of my Volvo truck and do some long hauls across Europe at the end of a stressful day.

Around the Network

I didn't find Harvest Moon (SNes) relaxing, I thought there was too much hurry (in game turns) and pressure to get things done. Barely got wife pregnant by the time it ended! I think it would've been more enjoyable if the game lasted 2-3 times as long as it did.

zeldaring said:

I'm not really into these type of games cause comfort is basically brain dead gameplay but i would say red dead 2 and GTAV, since the world has so many things to do and cool stuff to mess with.

What was the most horrendous thing that you've done in the game?  Gone on a serial-killer sort of rampage until the cops blow you away?  Send the hooker off a cliff in your car after she does her job?   

Or have these games made you disgusted at violence and want a gentler life?  

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

I'm not really into these type of games cause comfort is basically brain dead gameplay but i would say red dead 2 and GTAV, since the world has so many things to do and cool stuff to mess with.

No, not necessarily. Divinity Original Sin and especially Original sin 2 takes real focus on really engaging gameplay even at the lower difficulties and yet the world, characters, music, pace of the game and all that invoke a stable sense of calm and relaxation, not to mention the tone is whimsical and comical at times further lulling in a comfortable feeling. 

Yeah, you can go the route of diablo 4 and be lulled by constant dopamine with no effort but it's not essential. Many people here suggested puzzle games so it's not about brain dead gameplay. 

I thought the topic were with games with no challenge or fear of death lol

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

No, not necessarily. Divinity Original Sin and especially Original sin 2 takes real focus on really engaging gameplay even at the lower difficulties and yet the world, characters, music, pace of the game and all that invoke a stable sense of calm and relaxation, not to mention the tone is whimsical and comical at times further lulling in a comfortable feeling. 

Yeah, you can go the route of diablo 4 and be lulled by constant dopamine with no effort but it's not essential. Many people here suggested puzzle games so it's not about brain dead gameplay. 

I thought the topic were with games with no challenge or fear of death lol

Nah, I didn't say anything about challenge. More of the feeling that it doesn't matter, like death can happen but it's not an issue the game continues along anyway, like in Divinity OS you can spend 40 minutes or more in a battle but your not stressed about loosing. 

Finished Hogwarts Legacy and clearing up side stuff now, it's sooooo damn cosy. Just a natural sense of easiness in the world. I was weary of this being a kids game or kid focused but so glad I picked it up cause it's more of a game aimed at now aging fans first and probably their kids second. Just a real laid back game and doesn't sacrifice challenge in combat to achieve that feeling. I'd recommend this game to anyone on the fence or not familiar with Harry Potter, it stands alone. Even if you'll have to put up with the, rare slight cringe every now and then.