By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thee best Boss fight?

I choose Mega Satan from The Binding of Isaac.

Honorable Mention: Sans from Undertale.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

OMG I forgot Bahamut and Goliath in FF16! No challenge but cool as hell.
THe Bahamut fight in Granblue Fantasy Relink is pretty cool in the spectacle as well. Also a mech fight in it that is fun.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

True King Allant

Pretty epic arena and cool design.

Video for context  

Spoilers:

The video is false king, from a lore perspective I love the true king fight.  Don't want to say more in case people haven't played Demon.

For some reason I always loved the minotaur in the 1st God of War.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:

On design, fairness, difficulty, fun and flashiness. I'm reminded of many, mostly from bullet hell games but I've found one that is flawless on absolutely all fronts. Sword Saint Isshin Ashina. I wasn't paying attention to how well designed and expertly crafted this boss is back in 2019 cause I was pissed off at dying so much. The fact that this boss is in a 3d game and doesn't get the ease of design a 2d game boss would get makes it all the more impressive. The RNG is brilliant. The moveset is brilliant. The design of the arena is brilliant. Everything is, I'd nearly assume it was a fluke that Myazaki created a boss this well. 

Sword. Saint. Isshin. Nothing comes even close to how this battle, a 4 phase boss, is put together or is there one I'm overlooking? Videos would be appreciated. 

I've beaten him 4 times (one was a variant of him that was not quite as good) now and gotten to NG+5, each time the RNG keeps it fresh and the increase in difficulty means it's still a slightly greater challenge to complete, staying alive in phase two and three is a feat. I look forward to beating him again all the way to NG+7. A darn masterpiece. 

This boss is pretty awesome but i actually thought true monk was pretty close, also ninja gaiden alma was awesome for it's time.  also god of war 2018 the last final golden boss 

LegitHyperbole said:

On design, fairness, difficulty, fun and flashiness.

Okay - 

Blew my damn mind as a kid.  

The gates close behind Link and he turns around to see the image from his nightmares as a kid.  He's not dreaming though, he's really there, for the first time since Link grew up.  I still remember the legitimate fear I felt for a few seconds.

Then the concept of riding a horse out of a painting as the first half of a boss fight - just ridiculous!  It's amazingly creative, bravo to the people who thought of this.  

Spoiler for Pokemon Legends: Arceus Final Boss

Spoiler!

The music.  The setting.  The... CHEAPNESS!  Anyone who's fought this guy... knows how amazing this battle was.  Surprising, difficult and incredibly fun.

A complete masterclass of bosses already, Fromsoft outdid themselves with Ludwig.  His first faze is incredibly difficult, chasing down a visceral, hyper-quick horse monster tends to be.  His screams of pain when you hit him, the lore surrounding him, the amazing score.  Plus he uses the best weapon in all of Soulsborne.  The cinematography of his cutscenes are short but awesome.  Regaining his sanity at the last moments of his life to be guided by his moonlight... its tragic and super memorable.

Last edited by IkePoR - on 16 July 2024

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
LegitHyperbole said:

On design, fairness, difficulty, fun and flashiness.

Okay - 

Blew my damn mind as a kid.  

The gates close behind Link and he turns around to see the image from his nightmares as a kid.  He's not dreaming though, he's really there, for the first time since Link grew up.  I still remember the legitimate fear I felt for a few seconds.

Then the concept of riding a horse out of a painting as the first half of a boss fight - just ridiculous!  It's amazingly creative, bravo to the people who thought of this.  

Spoiler for Pokemon Legends: Arceus Final Boss

Spoiler!

The music.  The setting.  The... CHEAPNESS!  Anyone who's fought this guy... knows how amazing this battle was.  Surprising, difficult and incredibly fun.

A complete masterclass of bosses already, Fromsoft outdid themselves with Ludwig.  His first faze is incredibly difficult, chasing down a visceral, hyper-quick horse monster tends to be.  His screams of pain when you hit him, the lore surrounding him, the amazing score.  Plus he uses the best weapon in all of Soulsborne.  The cinematography of his cutscenes are short but awesome.  Regaining his sanity at the last moments of his life to be guided by his moonlight... its tragic and super memorable.

Man, Ludwig was epic indeed. It's just the arena that fell short.

Most Epic

Most thrilling

Most fun

The final fight with giant Bowser in Yoshi's Island is one for the history books; it's unbelievably epic and at the time was a hell of a spectacle. Plus the music kicks arse.

Almost every one of the titular Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus are worthy mentions as well; the sense of scale, the music, the creature design, just phenomenal. 

The final fight of Ori and the Will of the Wisps also impressed the hell out of me; the final section where the floor itself falls away and you have to fight entirely in mid-air, bouncing off projectiles to stay alive, was so damn cool.

This easily wins the most epic boss fight of the 7th gen.

Armstrong is so frustrating lol. I was annoyed when I could not take Grey Fox sword fully upgraded into the fight. I get it tho that sword is OP and would make that fight trivial.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!