By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gluttons For Punishment

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

No I think that would be too much for me and I have a huge back log Already. finished the game 5 times and  did everything there is to do.

Any tips on beating the true monk blocking Fountain head palace, they patched my cheese of sneaking up on her for the first death blow, that made the fight manageable but I'm in a war of attrition by the third phase now and she's brutal as fuck. I'm in NG+4 but wanna get to NG+7 so I can get the best grinding experience for the aquire all skills trophy which is fucked cause I used some levels to boost my attack power. 

Unfortunately  I don't remember lol. I played sekiro a year ago just to play at 60fps locked on ps5 and all I can say it does make timing much easier. The ps4 pro is super janky in comparison.  Ps5 upgrade is worth it just for locked 60fps dark souls 3, elden ring and sekiro.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Any tips on beating the true monk blocking Fountain head palace, they patched my cheese of sneaking up on her for the first death blow, that made the fight manageable but I'm in a war of attrition by the third phase now and she's brutal as fuck. I'm in NG+4 but wanna get to NG+7 so I can get the best grinding experience for the aquire all skills trophy which is fucked cause I used some levels to boost my attack power. 

Unfortunately  I don't remember lol. I played sekiro a year ago just to play at 60fps locked on ps5 and all I can say it does make timing much easier. The ps4 pro is super janky in comparison.  Ps5 upgrade is worth it just for locked 60fps dark souls 3, elden ring and sekiro.

Yep, I've died to frame pacing quite a bit on ps4 Pro. Still doesn't detract from the games brilliance albeit it's annoying. I know bosses are better but I did see that some of the frame pacing is in the code and still isn't fixed on PS5 in the world, like all those stutters in Hirrata estate and the route to senpou temple when you're traversing are all still there. 

I don't much care for punishment, with notable exception being driving games. The most frustrating was probably Test Drive 4, in so many ways unfair game. For example there's series of 6 races where same CPU opponent is always fastest, so to tie in points you'll have to win 3 races and be second in the rest. Except... if you tie in points, player loses! You need to win 4 races and be at least second and third in the others - which in that game is a tall order.

That may not be the biggest driving game challenge I've met. That would be Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1, I played on emulator). Mostly that's just a game of insane grinding - it took me some 3 years to gather all the 320(+1) cars, which is one of my greatest achievements itself. But in punishment department, the highest level 1-on-1 challenges are likely the most difficult thing I've done in racing, or possibly even in any gaming.

Kaunisto said:

I don't much care for punishment, with notable exception being driving games. The most frustrating was probably Test Drive 4, in so many ways unfair game. For example there's series of 6 races where same CPU opponent is always fastest, so to tie in points you'll have to win 3 races and be second in the rest. Except... if you tie in points, player loses! You need to win 4 races and be at least second and third in the others - which in that game is a tall order.

That may not be the biggest driving game challenge I've met. That would be Ridge Racer Type 4 (PS1, I played on emulator). Mostly that's just a game of insane grinding - it took me some 3 years to gather all the 320(+1) cars, which is one of my greatest achievements itself. But in punishment department, the highest level 1-on-1 challenges are likely the most difficult thing I've done in racing, or possibly even in any gaming.

3 years is nuts, that's shear dedication that you didn't fall off and stuck with it. Respect. Some racing games can get brutal indeed, Asseto Corsa going for the platinum might as well be for professional drivers with multi thousand dollar set ups and then there are endurance races, Project CARS has a trophy for finishing a real time 24 hour endurance race. Of course you can leave the car idol and finish one lap but doing it legit would be bonkers. 

Two punishments.
1. Trying to beat GRAW on hard one hit kill (should have used the cheat codes)
2. Operation Flashpoint 2 on the xbox 360

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

Two punishments.
1. Trying to beat GRAW on hard one hit kill (should have used the cheat codes)
2. Operation Flashpoint 2 on the xbox 360

You posted on every thread I made in the last few weeks. 😆 

Hades can be brutal. I always struggle with the Theseus and Minotaur battle. I've beaten the game a couple of times but still a tough one.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Hades can be brutal. I always struggle with the Theseus and Minotaur battle. I've beaten the game a couple of times but still a tough one.

Oh for sure, I've not yet beat it but still have it installed and try every now and then. You can get really lucky or end up going ten runs without anything decent for a build at all, I feel there is too much boons in the game for it's own good. Why continue a run you know is going weakly, might aswell suicide. 

Geese Howard from Fatal Fury 1.

Matter fact all the fighters you fight.

Fuck this game.

(Yes I played this game this morning lol)

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

Oh for sure, I've not yet beat it but still have it installed and try every now and then. You can get really lucky or end up going ten runs without anything decent for a build at all, I feel there is too much boons in the game for it's own good. Why continue a run you know is going weakly, might aswell suicide. 

Odd combinations of boons can be shockingly amazing.  I like the variation.

I have finally beaten Hades with all 6 weapons.  Such a great game.  I think the fists are the best.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED