By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which was the better gen in your opinion?

Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP 54 66.67%

Wii U/PS4/XBO/3DS/Vita 27 33.33%

Total:81
zeldaring said:
Leynos said:

That's the thing. Visuals are nice but when gameplay is sacrificed then what the fuck is the point. Others you mentioned are full-fledged games that use a lot of resources but are still managed from both a technical and art direction be impressive. I'm more impressed with Xenoblade X than Boring 1886. Not because I think it looks better on pure technical aspect. I was impressed Monolith made that game with Wii U hardware and 1GB of ram and it was far more stable than Fallout 4.

Not sure how you can be more impressed from a graphical perspective when order 1886 achieved cgi graphics in real time for the first time ever and there are games on 360/ps3 that are more impressive them xenoblade x even when talking about open world games, making a living breathing big city is the most technically demanding thing in game development and requires massive budgets. Of course this comes down to art style and a franchise you probably love so it plays a role as well.

Wrong. Nothing on 360 or PS3 is as large of scope and rock solid engine as Xenoblade X. It's a 150 square miles of map that is also vertical. YOu can chainlink both GTAV map and Skyrim and XBX is still over twice as large. Not to mention skyscraper-sized enemies everywhere.   You can fly in the mech insanely high and the game doesn't break. Xenoblade engines are insanely secure. You won't find a bunch of Jank like Bethesda. Runs as solid framerates, unlike Bethesda.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Besides sheer scale and seamlessness, the other thing that set Xenoblade Chronicles X aside from PS3/360 open world titles was performance.
Games like Skyrim, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, etc had serious frame rate drops; XCX by contrast is rock solid and almost never dips during gameplay.

XCX was boring, put me to sleep.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

XBX needs a remaster more than BB. Amazing game. Needs a sequel as well.

curl-6 said:

Besides sheer scale and seamlessness, the other thing that set Xenoblade Chronicles X aside from PS3/360 open world titles was performance.
Games like Skyrim, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, etc had serious frame rate drops; XCX by contrast is rock solid and almost never dips during gameplay.

Red redemption was pretty solid on 360. Gtav yea it wasn't solid and obviously gtav is way more demanding and has a probably a 10x budget but making a living breathing city as detailed as it was on 7th gen was a miracle and only achievable cause of the massive budget they had. Xenoblade x looks alot like something  from the 6th gen with the super flat lighting and character models from 6th gen.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Red redemption was pretty solid on 360. Gtav yea it wasn't solid and obviously gtav is way more demanding and has a probably a 10x budget but making a living breathing city as detailed as it was on 7th gen was a miracle and only achievable cause of the massive budget they had. Xenoblade x looks alot like something  from the 6th gen with the super flat lighting and character models from 6th gen.

Which 6th gen games are you talking about?

Anyway, to me it's

X360 > XB1

PS3 < PS4

Wii > Wii U

DS < 3DS

PSP > PSVita

So it's the 7th gen for me.

RedKingXIII said:
zeldaring said:

Which 6th gen games are you talking about?

Anyway, to me it's

X360 > XB1

PS3 < PS4

Wii > Wii U

DS < 3DS

PSP > PSVita

So it's the 7th gen for me.

Honestly it doesn't look much better then this if you compare videos running in the grass, and the character models are terrible by 7th gen standards. it has that 6th gen look but obviously on a massive scale cause of the hardware. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 18 July 2024

zeldaring said:

Honestly it doesn't look much better then this if you compare videos running in the grass, and the character models are terrible by 7th gen standards. it has that 6th gen look but obviously on a massive scale cause of the hardware. 

Xenoblade X looks much better than the first Xenoblade on Wii

X's character models do look terrible, but again they're a massive improvement over the models of the first Xenoblade. They look ugly because of a bad art style.

Did you even play the two games?

Edit: Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is not a 6th gen game.

Last edited by RedKingXIII - on 18 July 2024

RedKingXIII said:
zeldaring said:

Xenoblade X looks much better than the first Xenoblade on Wii

X's character models do look terrible, but again they're a massive improvement over the models of the first Xenoblade. They look ugly because of a bad art style.

Did you even play the two games?

Edit: Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is not a 6th gen game.

Obviously it looks much better then the wii version but it's just looks like it retains a lot of stuff you see from the 6th gen like the character models lack of detail, shadows and lighting, 2d grass galore  and very low poly environments, lacking shadows and lighting and just over all detail, it's hardly a impressive showcase imo, unless you focus on the one thing  it does good which is draw distance while flying but it suffers everything else, and also has a ton of pop in.

Xenoblade on Wii is using more RAM than any of the 6th gen consoles have. Zeldaring is wrong as usual. Not to mention Xenoblade X is a Wii U game.

Last edited by Leynos - on 18 July 2024