By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 Crisis Core - Worth Playing?

FF7, the original, is one of my favorite games of all-time.  I really enjoyed FF7 remake.  I haven't played FF Rebirth, waiting on the PC version.  Long story short, Crisis Core Reunion worth my time?  Any expectation going into it?  I am considering grabbing it via Steam sale.  I just don't know much about it and I don't know if it is worth it.    

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

Its worth it and the story ties in with the events of the original FF7, Remake and Rebirth.

You'll get more info on Zack - a character referenced in the original FF7 and the remake games.

More past information about Cloud, Tifa and Aerith - even Sephiroth.

The game is more action oriented than the original FF7, closer to Remake games.

I played it on the PSP years ago and imo one of the best PSP games. I got it on Steam and planning to play it in the future once I'm done with my playthrough of FFVII Remake Intergrade which I'm planning to do soon first.

Yes. Not the PSP version. The PSP version is unbearable with the nub and the combat is half-broken. However, the remake is a solid game. They fixed the combat just enough to be tolerable. It's kinda goofy with Zack's whining. Genesis tho is the worst FF character to ever exist DA GODDESS. GOD I hate him. So cringe. Aside from Genesis sucking month-old ass. It's a solid game. I like it but don't expect anything amazing.

Last edited by Leynos - on 28 June 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. I think I will give it a go, get some backstory before Rebirth hits PC.... I should have plenty of time. Might even replay FF7 remake as well.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Definitely worth it! One of my favorite FF games. Great story and characters. Some of the new characters in CC is now shown or talked about in Rebirth where they obviously weren't before in the original FF7.

Around the Network

I agree with Leynos. The game is worth playing. Zack's a really endearing character IMO. Genesis is the absolute worst. If I have to hear him quote Loveless one more time...

Never played the PSP version but I don't see any reason to pick it with the inferior control scheme and worse graphics (but it sounds like you're getting it on Steam).
It's got some enjoyable gameplay and a lot of good story with the occasional great moments.
Don't expect a story on the level of FF7 or either of the Remake installments. One of the main characters is quite boring and could've been reduced or eliminated from the game.
It's a solid recommendation from me.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I enjoyed it. The combat really reminded me of Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah it's fun and i played it before doing the original 7 so spoiled myself on twists lol. If you're a completionist be careful though because damn there's a lot of missions for the platinum!

I am Iron Man

Thanks everyone much appreciated. Grabbed it on Steam. Glad to hear it isn't a cash grab, that was my concern.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED