Fantasian Neo Dimension 12 1.70%

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 274 38.92%

Mario & Luigi: Brothership 39 5.54%

Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting... 42 5.97%

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond 238 33.81%

NSO games (4 Swords, Zero... 11 1.56%

Super Mario Party Jamboree 8 1.14%

Total:704

Just as the title says, this is specifically based on the poll aspect. The actual discussion thread is here 

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/248242/nintendo-direct-june-18-2024-10-am-est/

If any of these announcements end the day with 0 votes, if you post the game that should be in the poll, I'll add it in. :) 

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection (September 6th)

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (January 16th)

Dragon Quest III HD-2D (November 14th) Dragon Quest I+II (TBA)

Fantasian Neo Dimension (TBA)

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (September 26th)

Mario & Luigi: Brothership (release date, November 7th)

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (2025)

Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics (TBA)

NSO Online + Expansion Pass Games (Shadow Dropped)

Super Mario Party Jamboree (October 17th)

Video views on Youtube on Nintendo of America's Channel as of 6/20 

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (2.6 million)
Mario & Luigi: Brothership (1.3 million)
Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (1.3 million)
Super Mario Party Jamboree (712k)
Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (381k)
Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Collection Arcade Classics (361k)
NSO Games (132k)
Dragon Quest III HD-2D (259k)
Ace Attorney Investigations Collection (147k)
Fantasian Neo Dimension (97k)

Interesting tidbits: 

• If you combine the totals of Marvel vs Capcoms other channels (Capcom, Marvel, Nintendo, Playstation), it will have as many views as Mario & Luigi and Metroid Prime 4: Beyond
  •  Dragon Quest VII may only have 259k in the American's channel but it has the most views in Nintendo of Japan's channel)
  • The Nintendo Direct itself has been streamed over 5 million times
  • The highest views on a video game not in the poll belongs to Among Us with 464k views, followed by Hello Kitty Island Adventure with 209k views
  • The video with the least amount of views is Darkest Dungeon II with 35k views. 

Next weeks poll: July Most Anticipated. 

If you have any recommendations for the weekly poll, feel free to let me know!

Last edited by axumblade - on 21 June 2024

Around the Network

I’d have voted Romancing SaGa 2 Remake… but I’d probably be the only one.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

My vote would be for Prime 4 no matter what, but the other game that impressed me was MIO: Memories in Orbit.

The Playstation poll was easy Astro Bot, the Xbox poll was a bit harder but still easily Perfect Dark for me. The Nintendo poll is a lot harder to pick the winner, deciding between Mario and Luigi, Zelda, Metroid Prime 4, and Dragon Quest 3. I'm picking Metroid Prime 4, but other three are very close in my book.

Mine would be (according to this poll)

1. Dragon Quest 3 (and 1+2)
2. Ace Attorney Investigations Collection.
3. NSO games (mostly for Metroid Zero Mission, which is my favourite game in the Metroid franchise)
4. Super Mario Brotherhood.
5. Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom.

But, as I said above, Romancing SaGa 2 would have topped my list. I put like 150 hours into the remaster.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Difficult, but I have to go with Metroid Prime 4. It looks awesome.

I just discovered a sequel for Phantom Brave was announced in the direct, with all those Nintendo games being the focus of talk it totally got past me.
Phantom Brave sequel is definitely the best announcement I saw this whole year, the original game is so, so good, but even Disgaea is hardly talked about, so many people just have no clue about it.
Literally can't wait for it.

BraLoD said:

I just discovered a sequel for Phantom Brave was announced in the direct, with all those Nintendo games being the focus of talk it totally got past me.
Phantom Brave sequel is definitely the best announcement I saw this whole year, the original game is so, so good, but even Disgaea is hardly talked about, so many people just have no clue about it.

I miss when Disgaea was actually talked about on this forum :( 

axumblade said:
BraLoD said:

I miss when Disgaea was actually talked about on this forum :( 

Talking about Disgaea was literally the thing that made me create an account here 10 years ago.

If I recall my first post correct, it was about the games I played the most on the PS3, so I could talk about Disgaea.

The Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection had me insanely hyped! Not only had I figured MvC was a dead series after Infinite, but I figured all the older games were going to be lost to time outside of emulation. Especially Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes. I’ve never been much into fighting games, but Marvel vs Capcom had me playing for hours on end as a kid. Especially at a time where Fox Kids had the Marvel animated shows.

Other than that, I’m also really excited for Mario & Luigi: Brothership. I figured we would’ve gotten a remaster from one of the games in the series at best, but not a brand new game! Previously it was one of the few franchises that ensured I purchased a Nintendo handheld. Can’t wait to finally play the series on a home console! Still curious who’s making it though considering AlphaDream went bankrupt. Probably won’t find out till closer to launch.