By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Brothers are back ! Mario & Luigi Brothership announcement for November 7th 2024

In quite the unexpected opener for the Nintendo Direct, we had the reveal for the newest adventure of the most known Bros in history !

Incredible as it may be, after the bankruptcy of Alphadreams, it seems like Nintendo found a developer to actually work on a new game in the series. Arguably, there's a change in artstyle from the 2D sprites to actual 3D now which is quite striking at first, but the style and DA seem to have gone with the depiction we had of the bros on the usual cover arts, looking similar to that. 

Great commitment from Nintendo to their Mario RPG's this past year only haha.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 18 June 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Looks great. I just hope there are not any of those giant battles from the later M&L games. Thats was just boring.

KLXVER said:

Looks great. I just hope there are not any of those giant battles from the later M&L games. Thats was just boring.

Considering the title and the box art ... I think we're gonna see ship battles.

Is someone able to post the box art ? Can't seem to do it on my phone ...

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 18 June 2024

That was a great surprise! I was expecting the remake/remaster treatment for M&L since AlphaDream went bankrupt, plus it went along with the last 2 Mario RPG releases, but this was the unexpected surprise. Can't wait!

Who's developing this game?

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

That was a great surprise! I was expecting the remake/remaster treatment for M&L since AlphaDream went bankrupt, plus it went along with the last 2 Mario RPG releases, but this was the unexpected surprise. Can't wait!

Who's developing this game?

We do know that employees from defunct Alphadreams went to Monolith Soft. 

Otherwise, this is probably something we'll only know by the time of it's release, just like Princess Peach Showtime. 

Though, if Monolith Soft was to be the main dev of this game ... Dang, we're freaking GOATED 

Mar1217 said:

Not the box art but still

When I saw this, got really excited!

Mario & Luigi Brothership was the biggest surprise of the Direct for me. The new artstyle looks excellent. I'm super excited for it.

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

Not the box art but still

When I saw this, got really excited!

Looking at the trailer again, you can the surface of the so-called "ship". It looks moreso like an island that moves.

ALinkInTime said:

Mario & Luigi Brothership was the biggest surprise of the Direct for me. The new artstyle looks excellent. I'm super excited for it.

They couldn't have started it better.

RPG fans on the Switch remain victorious, even better if you like the Mario RPG's ! All of them, in the space of one year and with different flavors. 

Insane how versatile you can be with the plumbers

I miss the high quality sprites but this art style is a worthwhile successor to that. It's not a huge game but it looks like it'll be a good choice for the Switch's last holiday title.