By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + CoD Black Ops Direct thread (live now)

Rate the Xbox showcase + Black Ops direct?

10 12 27.27%

9 19 43.18%

8 8 18.18%

7 2 4.55%

6 3 6.82%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:44

Will play more Gears. Funny they give them using the retro lancer when in Judgment they have the reg lancer. Need to see more and Mecha Break. Otherwise a lot of meh same old same old kinda of stuff but better than SGF and the boring SOP.

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 June 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Easy 9/10 showcase. Gears Collection or Halo announcement would make this 10/10, but none the less, really damn good. Pacing was perfect.

DroidKnight said:

Offering a new Series X with disc drive. So much for all the doom and gloomers saying it was going to be discontinued and go full digital.

Your right, their doing a 2TB dics version as well.
Surprised they didn't mention price, just their comeing this holiday.

Creation being out for Starfield tonight is a massive W.

I'm deducting for no release date on Avowed.
9.9/10

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Overall I give the showcase a 7/10. It was better than the other shows this year, but still a tad lackluster for my gaming tastes, and the missing release dates even on 2024 games was odd.

I liked the Expedition 33 game. Definitely my favorite. South of Midnight looked neat too.

The rest a bit mehh for me. A lot fell samey (am not into first person games). Shooter here, Shooter there.

I would have liked at least one more colorful game, a platformer or something, I can play with my kids.

Last edited by Tober - on 09 June 2024

Objectively that was good I guess. Too much doom and gloom imo. Very few just fun looking games. Everything has to be so cool and edgy these days...

8/10. MS best show in like forever in terms of showing. But no release dates.

I've made no qualms about being critical of Xbox for failure after failure over the last 10+ years ...

... But that was legitimately their best show ever and one of the better shows of the last few years. Absolute 10/10 show.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android