By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Games Showcase 2024 + CoD Black Ops Direct thread (live now)

Rate the Xbox showcase + Black Ops direct?

10 12 27.27%

9 19 43.18%

8 8 18.18%

7 2 4.55%

6 3 6.82%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:44
jason1637 said:

lol Black Ops 6 is 309GB
https://x.com/codwarfareforum/status/1799836461375824080

Damn, between the 309 GB for CoD and the space taken up by the Operating System, 500 GB Series S owners will basically be able to install just CoD.

Around the Network

Really good showcase.

9/10 for me.

Indiana Jones is my most anticipated game of the year.

Also looking forward to Gears of War, Perfect Dark, Doom, and MGS in the future.

They posted quite a good show if your intention was to see how many games they could pull up in more than an hour.
It clearly has "Here's pratically all of our cards for the next few years" written over it, considering the rumors they want this current generation over fast.
Only real problems I'd see here is basically their usual non-commitment in showing us release dates and CGI/In-game rendered scenes. Like I'm sorry but Perfect Dark isn't gonna be close to what we watched of the trailer.
But hey, it's understandable once you understand they wanted to show their whole catalog and not just what to expect of the near future, like Nintendo or Sony do nowadays.

On a personal note, never been much into most of the catalog they presented here but I understand how great it might be for some.

Expedition 33, Doom The Dark Ages and the mecha game were my favorite shown here.

Also, wtf with the 309GB for COD BO6 ?!!! Compress your games Activision !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

They posted quite a good show if your intention was to see how many games they could pull up in more than an hour.
It clearly has "Here's pratically all of our cards for the next few years" written over it, considering the rumors they want this current generation over fast.
Only real problems I'd see here is basically their usual non-commitment in showing us release dates and CGI/In-game rendered scenes. Like I'm sorry but Perfect Dark isn't gonna be close to what we watched of the trailer.
But hey, it's understandable once you understand they wanted to show their whole catalog and not just what to expect of the near future, like Nintendo or Sony do nowadays.

On a personal note, never been much into most of the catalog they presented here but I understand how great it might be for some.

Expedition 33, Doom The Dark Ages and the mecha game were my favorite shown here.

I mean, that whole comment is about your own take on what is going on; and it seem that you are far off reality... 

- We all know they have many other games in dev. so where is that "all our cards" coming? They have a LOT of studios, so they can show a lot of stuff in development, it comes with it.

- You are the only one "understanding" it that way... So I guess it is fine if you can also come up with a story that fits your narrative but even for the perfect dark; I'm pretty sure this was gameplay and it was not over the top by any means, so not sure what your point is here too.

- This the yearly "E3" show from Microsoft, they always do that, every years, since the beg. of E3. They changed the formula one year (for next 12 months) and it did not work so well, so they are just back to whatever they have always been doing... Even then they showed probably a third of it coming out this year, another third 2025 and the rest with no dates. Nothing wrong with that and way better than showing the one or 2 games coming out this year, and make it a 30m show...

This is so nuts; for some people; everything that Xbox does always end up as "desperate" lol 

This might have been the best presentation of a console maker/game company this generation, TBH (not including TGAs and the like).

Around the Network

Gamewise 11/10.

Crazy amount of games of all genres.
I don't like the format though. It was simply too much. I prefer a 75 minutes show with 7 - 10 games in it.

Talk about gameplay and really show the game, so it was just trailer after trailer and it was hard to keep up.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Imaginedvl said:
Mar1217 said:

I mean, that whole comment is about your own take on what is going on; and it seem that you are far off reality... 

- We all know they have many other games in dev. so where is that "all our cards" coming? They have a LOT of studios, so they can show a lot of stuff in development, it comes with it.

- You are the only one "understanding" it that way... So I guess it is fine if you can also come up with a story that fits your narrative but even for the perfect dark; I'm pretty sure this was gameplay and it was not over the top by any means, so not sure what your point is here too.

- This the yearly "E3" show from Microsoft, they always do that, every years, since the beg. of E3. They changed the formula one year (for next 12 months) and it did not work so well, so they are just back to whatever they have always been doing... Even then they showed probably a third of it coming out this year, another third 2025 and the rest with no dates. Nothing wrong with that and way better than showing the one or 2 games coming out this year, and make it a 30m show...

This is so nuts; for some people; everything that Xbox does always end up as "desperate" lol 

Yes, it is my own take, such is the way to comment on what was presented here ... Making a simple "here's what there was" would be more objective but also more boring.

Like you've never been on an after show commentary.

Anyway, never said they had nothing else in development, it's common that there's always something in development at these studios, be showed or not. "Pratically" isn't "everything". 

Considering their willingness to showcase titles coming out for the next year or with no release date, it is clear that they at least showed what were the most advanced of their projects until 2026. 

That is my understanding of it. Doesn't matter if you agree or not really. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I actually got to watch quite a bit of the show.

It was a pretty decent show - was waiting for a Gears Collection but getting a new one (even if it is a prequel) is great.

Anyways, from all I saw and what was announced - my priorities go to....

High Priority
-Gears of War E-Day
-Fable
-Indiana Jones
-Assassin's Creed Shadows
-Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater
-Expedition 33

Medium Priority
-Doom The Dark Ages
-Starfield Expansions
-Age of Mythology Retold
-Diablo IV Expansion
-Perfect Dark
-Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
-Life is Strange Double Exposure
-Avowed
-South of Midnight

Low Priority
-Call of Duty Black Ops 6
-State of Decay 3
-Fallout 76 Expansions
-Stalker 2
-Mixtape
-Flintlock Siege of Dawn
-Dragon Age The Veilguard

No Priority/No interest
-World of Warcraft War Within

I want:
* Gears.
* Dragon Age.
* Fable.
* Perfect Dark.
* Diablo 4 expansion.
* Doom.

Microsoft is starting to fire on all cylinders now which is great to see, hopefully that starts to translate into some hardware sales to go with it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

That was a good showcase and the new Doom and Expedition 33 were a couple highlights but man the lack of Silksong stung particularly hard this time, I don't know what's going on with it at this point. The lack of a Activision Blizzard Game Pass dump was kinda surprising and I guess plans changed since the FTC leak since the design of the digital Series X model isn't cylindrical and there is no new controller coming with it which is unfortunate. It was weird how quickly they moved past the reveal of new hardware but it's not an exciting revision so I guess it make sense. The trailers lacking dates or even a year weren't ideal either but not that big a deal and shooters felt kinda oversaturated during it but there was still a decent amount of variety overall. Also 2025 is looking insanely stacked and we don't even know Nintendo and Sony's plans for it yet. That's gonna be a big year for all three it seems.

Last edited by Norion - on 09 June 2024