By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How far away are we from seeing games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spiderman 2018 on Switch/Switch 2?

Soundwave said:

I don't think this is simply LEGO mandating this because if it was up to LEGO, there would probably also be an XBox version also. MLB The Show is on XBox platforms for example. I think Sony is OK with this and signed off on it.

Sony has a new president and the game division has a new president too, things can change with different leadership.

MLB and horizon Lego the only 2 Sony games that are on Xbox or Nintendo. Sony don't own the rights to MLB or lego so I don't think it's just a coincidence they are on Xbox and switch. I read Sony claimed it was MLB's decision to put the game on Xbox and switch. I'm guessing it's the same with whoever own the rights to Lego games. Spiderman could be on switch or Xbox too if Marvel forces Sony to port them but I think Sony let Marvel to make Spiderman movies in exchange for the Spiderman games

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Soundwave said:

I don't think this is simply LEGO mandating this because if it was up to LEGO, there would probably also be an XBox version also. MLB The Show is on XBox platforms for example. I think Sony is OK with this and signed off on it.

Sony has a new president and the game division has a new president too, things can change with different leadership.

MLB and horizon Lego the only 2 Sony games that are on Xbox or Nintendo. Sony don't own the rights to MLB or lego so I don't think it's just a coincidence they are on Xbox and switch. I read Sony claimed it was MLB's decision to put the game on Xbox and switch. I'm guessing it's the same with whoever own the rights to Lego games. Spiderman could be on switch or Xbox too if Marvel forces Sony to port them but I think Sony let Marvel to make Spiderman movies in exchange for the Spiderman games

If LEGO had full control over this process, this game would be on XBox too. 

IMO, Sony is OK with this and signed off on it as clearly they have enough control to keep it off the XBox. 

With less direct competetion from XBox, Sony may just feel like there isn't as much to hurt them from having some games on other platforms. 

Spider-Man on Switch 2 wouldn't totally shock me. 

JRPGfan said:

I'm not buying mobile games on pc, or console, and wont in future either.
They go that route, they wont be getting my buy atleast (and likely many others).

Are you sure you haven't already bought some games on PC or console which started as mobile games?

Soundwave said:
Pinkie_pie said:

IMO, Sony is OK with this and signed off on it as clearly they have enough control to keep it off the XBox. 

With less direct competetion from XBox, Sony may just feel like there isn't as much to hurt them from having some games on other platforms. 

If they wanted there major ip's on switch they would have ported there major games from ps3 for easy money.  The fanbase on switch would love to have last of us, uncharted, GOW, and little big planet. Anything is possible though but for me this  does nothing, it reminds of  when nintendo put a mario game on mobile.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 09 June 2024

Soundwave said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Didn't say Lego have full control since Sony is using horizon and is publishing the game. Sony don't have rights to Lego games so they don't have full control of the game too therefore we seeing it coming to switch. Wait to we see games that Sony have fully own and control of like Astro bot, ratchet, God of war or even the original horizon releasing on Xbox or Nintendo then maybe we can start seriously talking about Sony releasing their main games on other consoles

Around the Network

I never understood the console war mentality. If Horizon and Spider end up on the S2, that is a good thing. The games are still great, will increase exposure and revenue for Sony, which is money and motivation for sequels.

Exclusives do not help gamers.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I never understood the console war mentality. If Horizon and Spider end up on the S2, that is a good thing. The games are still great, will increase exposure and revenue for Sony, which is money and motivation for sequels.

Yes but we were asked if we think it's gonna happen or not. You want all of us to say yes it will happen? I wish Mario games would be on Xbox or PlayStation but I know it won't happen in my lifetime 

Pinkie_pie said:
Chrkeller said:

Yes but we were asked if we think it's gonna happen or not. You want all of us to say yes it will happen? I wish Mario games would be on Xbox or PlayStation but I know it won't happen in my lifetime 

Crazier things have happened.  I didn't think sonic would be on Nintendo.  I didn't think Sony would be on steam.  I didn't think MS would be on Nintendo. 

Could it happen?  Sure.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo goes to PC at some point.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:

The size of the PC gaming market for people who own a rig that can run a modern-ish game well is also way smaller than 200 million. It's maybe more like another 60+ million. A lot of people who buy high end GPUs buy it for professional reasons too (video editing, music/content creation, computer graphics, etc.), it's not a given that everyone that has a high end GPU is using it to play games on. 

Statistics are:
Ram:
* 47.08% of PC users have 16GB of system Ram, matching the current consoles.
* 34.07% of PC users have 24GB/32GB/48/64GB/128GB/256GB+ of system Ram, exceeding the current consoles.

That's 81.14% of users who can match or beat the current gen consoles with Ram.

CPU:
* 41.59% of PC users have 8x or more CPU cores... However, modern 6-core CPU's can out-perform the 8-cores in the current consoles anyway and modern 8-core processors crap all over the consoles. - That and the current consoles can't use all 8 cores for gaming, PC can.

That's 74.69% of PC users have a CPU that match or exceed the current consoles.

GPU:
* 43% of steam users shit all over the current consoles GPU's.

However GPU's are interesting, because unlike consoles... You can choose and scale back settings to run on lower-end hardware, they also have their own RAM.
Not to mention not all console games use 100% of the console GPU anyway, meaning it's a waste.

I.E. Games like Fornite, Minecraft, GTA 5 etc' are the most popular games on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X, yet are games that can run on GPU's half as capable and be just fine. - Many PC gamers gravitate towards those titles with lower GPU demands and thus only upgrade when there is a need.

PC Gaming can also be far more efficient thanks to the likes of DLSS for example.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

But your ability to paint PC hardware as "inadequate" is definitely far from the truth... And I don't think you realise how "stale" the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 hardware has become.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Chrkeller said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Crazier things have happened.  I didn't think sonic would be on Nintendo.  I didn't think Sony would be on steam.  I didn't think MS would be on Nintendo. 

Could it happen?  Sure.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo goes to PC at some point.

Sega and Microsoft release their games on everything. Sony only releases their games on PC. Big difference. Sure if Sony screw up like sega or doesn't sell enough systems like Xbox the last 2 generations then there's a good chance their games could be on everything too. Nintendo and Xbox are their biggest competitors therefore I think they wouldn't put their games there. Same as Nintendo that's why you think Nintendo might go to PC but not PlayStation or Xbox 

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 09 June 2024