By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I just purchased an RTX

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
BFR said:

Congrats Alex, but by my curiousity, how much was it?

Thanks.

The price was R$ 1.239,00. Something around 240 dollars, I think.

You can get a Rtx 3060 for R$ 1.299 in some places, and a 3060 is significantly more powerful than a 3050, anyway congrats :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Congrats, it may be a 3050 but it's plenty of capable if you keep your expectations in check.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

GT 730 -> RTX 3050 is going to feel like going from an Xbox 360 to a Series S in terms of the performance gap. Congrats!

But does it run Crysis?

Honestly, what is this new cars capable of? 🤔 New AAA games?

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
BFR said:

Congrats Alex, but by my curiousity, how much was it?

Thanks.

Isn't that way overpriced? I thought its new store price was like 160-170$.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

But does it run Crysis?

Honestly, what is this new card capable of? 🤔 New AAA games?

Its about equal in power to a rx 6500 xt from AMD.
So this is 1080p low-mid settings for most games, even AAA ones.
If not, you can turn on FSR/DLSS.

Should be enough to run a gamel ike Ghost of Tsushima (a well optimised game on pc, but new) at like 1080p low settings and get like ~80 fps or so on avg. Medium settings would be like ~58 fps or something.

So to get it above 60, you would need a mix (low-mid) or turning on dlss (so you can run medium settings).

JRPGfan said:
LegitHyperbole said:

But does it run Crysis?

Honestly, what is this new card capable of? 🤔 New AAA games?

Its about equal in power to a rx 6500 xt from AMD.
So this is 1080p low-mid settings for most games, even AAA ones.
If not, you can turn on FSR/DLSS.

Should be enough to run a gamel ike Ghost of Tsushima (a well optimised game on pc, but new) at like 1080p low settings and get like ~80 fps or so on avg. Medium settings would be like ~58 fps or something.

So to get it above 60, you would need a mix (low-mid) or turning on dlss (so you can run medium settings).

Oh, that's awesome. Congrats OP 👏 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Congrats, it may be a 3050 but it's plenty of capable if you keep your expectations in check.

Thanks.

I just want a graphic card that will actually run the games. Anything from PS4 onwards was too much for my old GPU. I don't mind if it can't run AAA games at Ultra settings, I just want to be able to play it.

Now you will be able to emulate any games with that new graphics card no problem!

BiON!@ 

JRPGfan said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Thanks.

Isn't that way overpriced? I thought its new store price was like 160-170$.

You have no idea how much they charge for a RTX3090 or a RTX4090 around here.

Don't think about that too much. it's not like a regular person in Brazil can afford it.