By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What did you do during the outage?

I was out shopping for clothes, diapers and wipes for our baby (who is due in a week) :)!

Around the Network

Played guitar while dealing with a stupid summer cold. You would think my excitement for these two things would be former=good, latter=bad but it's actually the opposite because for the last fifteen years or so, I've suffered from extreme mysophobia (germaphobe). But something suddenly came over me last week, and just like that... it was gone. I was just standing there, thinking... what am I doing? This is crazy! And I decided to hell with it. I was opening the door to germs again (you have no idea how looney-toons it had gotten; my whole life was a series or protocols; and then when COVID happened, it became straight up insanity). No longer would I care. If a virus wanted to ravage me, it could. I was going to go out and live again... and then literally, two days later I was sick.

And you know what? I'm happy. lol.

Last edited by JackHandy - on 02 June 2024

BasilZero said:

I was out shopping for clothes, diapers and wipes for our baby (who is due in a week) :)!

Congrats! The next several years are going to be the best ones of your life, so try to enjoy them before the child grows up and it's gone. Trust me. I know.

RIP your sleep, though lol.

BasilZero said:

Ahhh! Just in case I don’t speak to you between now and then, just want to say Congrats! :) 

JackHandy said:

Congrats! The next several years are going to be the best ones of your life, so try to enjoy them before the child grows up and it's gone. Trust me. I know.

axumblade said:

Ahhh! Just in case I don’t speak to you between now and then, just want to say Congrats! :) 

Thanks! Its our first baby so excited and nervous - and ya everyone tells us about the lack of sleep we'll be getting ourselves into lol

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Could be to help third party. Maybe porting old games. Or perhaps focused on remakes of legacy games?  I doubt it is to port 1st party to PC, that doesn't seem like Nintendo's games.  

Either way, sounds cool. I am intrigued.  And I lean towards 3rd party support, given porting to the S2 was always going to be more than "reduce resolution & click magic DLSS button."

Edit

Could be leveraged to make Nintendo online more robust.  

BasilZero said:
JackHandy said:

axumblade said:

Thanks! Its our first baby so excited and nervous - and ya everyone tells us about the lack of sleep we'll be getting ourselves into lol

The sleep thing ain't that big of a deal. You'll get used to it pretty quick. I think everyone makes a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. 

Congrats though.  It'll be a lot of fun.  

Boy or girl?

Played Ring Fit Adventure, walked 15,000 steps, went to the beach 2 times and swam for around 30 minutes total. I burned 1,500 calories according to my Galaxy Watch!

I really need to lose some weight and thought that would be a good way to get started. I'm planning to do the same thing tomorrow! =D

I also started to change my diet a few weeks ago. No more than 10 grams of sweets a day. In practice I don't eat sweets for a few days at all and then allow myself a chocolate bar or something. Other than that I try to avoid processed food and stopped eating meat altogether. I feel good so far. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I was at work.

When I arrived home I noticed the site was down, but it came back around one hour later.

I'm planning a trip currently so looked over options for flights.

VAMatt said:

The sleep thing ain't that big of a deal. You'll get used to it pretty quick. I think everyone makes a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. 

Congrats though.  It'll be a lot of fun.  

Boy or girl?

Thanks! And its a girl :)!