Breath of the Wild 11 28.21%

Tears of the Kingdom 3 7.69%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 7.69%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 3 7.69%

Twilight Princess 3 7.69%

Total:39
Mar1217 said:
mZuzek said:

Well I personally think TotK is vastly inferior to BotW in nearly every aspect. It's not about which one came first.

BotW was revolutionary and it kept a consistent atmosphere and cohesive narrative binding it all together. TotK feels like just a bunch of random gameplay ideas stitched together by whatever story they could make up after doing a Miyazaki marathon.

And it doubles down on BotW worst mistake (repetitive rewards for repetitive mini-puzzles), instead of fixing it - it was understandable in BotW because of how difficult it was to develop a game like that, but TotK had 6 years of work on the same engine and on the same map. There's no excuse for having another 160-something shrines and a billion koroks instead of actually interesting content.

I could go on, but I won't.

Oh C'mon, can you stop trying to argue intentional design mechanics with an impressive physic engine that embodies the freedom to express yourself in an open world playground is simply a bunch of random ideas stringed together.

Aside, this is an iterative sequel, the re-use of structural ideas such as the koroks or the shrines might not be your cup of tea but is completely valid and a reason why exploring is also worth it. Such is magnified by the additions of cave systems, the Depths and the Sky Islands. Speaking of iterative content, by far the dungeons and the bosses were great ameliorations over BOTW. 

My point remains, if you were to choose one of the two games unexperienced, TOTK is simply the better and more complete packaging to go through.

But I digress, the thread is about the discussion of our favorite Nintendo developed game. Is BOTW your's ? I've already spoke of mine for Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

I personally found the dungeons way more fun and memorable in BotW. I agree that TotK has better boss battles. On everything else, let's just agree to disagree.

My favorite Nintendo developed game is Skyward Sword. With that being out of the running, I'd probably say Super Metroid, but that isn't in it either, so... Breath of the Wild.

...but admittedly I snuck in a vote for Ocarina of Time because I want to make it interesting and also because I've been having a newfound appreciation for it, and it's deservedly in there for changing the game like it did, while still being an incredible experience over 25 years on.

Around the Network

Alrighty, our 48 hours is up, and the winner, by a single vote, is...

A very close second place goes to...

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope this was a fun exercise.

What are your thoughts on the results? Did they surprise you, or go the way you expected?

I was kinda surprised no Metroid games made the final cut personally; I would've loved to have included more if VGChartz allowed more poll options.

Pret-ty close match between the Zelda all-timers heh.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I had to go with Ocarina of Time because of it's legendary status sadly.

BiON!@ 

curl-6 said:

Alrighty, our 48 hours is up, and the winner, by a single vote, is...

A very close second place goes to...

Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope this was a fun exercise.

What are your thoughts on the results? Did they surprise you, or go the way you expected?

I was kinda surprised no Metroid games made the final cut personally; I would've loved to have included more if VGChartz allowed more poll options.

I expected the Zeldas to run away with it, that's of no surprise.

Now I'm curious how many other votes beside mine and the one other would have hit Xenoblade Chronicles X if it weren't for the Zelda games :D

I mean, I really liked Breath of the Wild, but I'm more of an RPG guy, and I'm also a big fan of Monolithsoft (and have been a lot longer than most fans) dating back to when the pre-natal years when the devs making up that team (and their independent associates, like Mitsuda, Masato Kato, and Kunihiko Tanaka) were still under the yoke of Squaresoft.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 04 June 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.