By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hellblade II - "A defining moment in the evolution of realtime graphics"

Ah right. Never heard the term before. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

What does "Real time" graphics mean?

Gameplay graphics, not cut scenes and cinemas 

Hi again, ty for the help. I'm new here and was wondering if you can tell me how to upload a pfp?

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

Gameplay graphics, not cut scenes and cinemas 

Hi again, ty for the help. I'm new here and was wondering if you can tell me how to upload a pfp?

Top right corner there is an arrow pointing down, click that and go settings.  Then hit the 3-line button in the picture below (on the right).  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Top right corner there is an arrow pointing down, click that and go settings.  Then hit the 3-line button in the picture below (on the right).  

You're a legend. Thank you. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

You're a legend. Thank you. 

No worries. Happy to help.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

But sales don't look good.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hellblade 2 proved less successful than the hi-fi rush.

Could you actually stick to the topic of the thread?

Sales are the most important to the success of a game, not what digital foundry says. This is a website that tracks hardware and software sales so someone was bound to mention it. If he didn't I was going to. With it selling as bad as it is, nothing else really matters. What was the point of even making it cos it was never going to sell well, which is what games need to do for the studios to survive

We finally have a game that really takes advantage of the cool things of Unreal engine 5.

Hardstuck-Platinum said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Sales are the most important to the success of a game, not what digital foundry says. This is a website that tracks hardware and software sales so someone was bound to mention it. If he didn't I was going to. With it selling as bad as it is, nothing else really matters. What was the point of even making it cos it was never going to sell well, which is what games need to do for the studios to survive

What do you think is the cause for the lack of sales? I fear it maybe that Xbox gamers just don't vibe with PS like games and Xbox went the wrong direction, I was thinking about buying a used XsS as a gamepass box and just to play Baldaurs gate 3until PS5 PRO but from what I'm seeing it'll end up that all the exclusives will end up on PS5 at some point making the hardware useless and if that happens what's to say game pass won't end up on PS5 and all.

Strange and uncertain times to be a gamer when a game clearly of such high quality and seemingly a good one for HC audiences won't sell. Feels like the industry is a mess and no-one knows what they are doing. 

Hardstuck-Platinum said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

But this is not the thread for that; this is a thread about the game's visuals and graphics, not the sales.

Stay on topic. If you do not want to discuss the graphics, that's not the thread for you.

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 24 May 2024

I installed it on my consoles and PC to compare, and the game is gorgeous (and yes, even on Series S)...

It's not my type of game at all (I did not have any interest in the first one, too), and I suspect it is probably not very mainstream, but I strongly suggest installing it if you have GamePass; just to play a bit to see how pretty this game is.