By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remastered - Reviews: 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

Tagged games:

Bandorr said:
Shikamo said:

Where? i didnt noticed, sorry :X

It said Thousand-Tear door. I updated it though. Easy to miss.

Ah, thanks! I'll be more careful in the future :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

6 stars down. Excellent game. Very entertaining and loads of fun. Highly recommend.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Finished the game yesterday. Really damn good. Worth every penny. Highly recommended.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

TTYD is a full blown remake OP, not a remaster.

Reviews look good. Definetly will look into getting this game for my switch.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
Wilkyway371 said:

TTYD is a full blown remake OP, not a remaster.

This. Not only does Nintendo not call it a remaster, but there are enough changes to count as a remake. 

I'm almost done with the main story and there's very little to complain about. I would've hoped for higher critic scores, but they're still pretty high regardless. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I always thought Remaster was a prettier version of an old game. Remake was a new take on an old game.

Remake is something like RE2.... carries the original vision but clearly not the same game.

PMTYD has the same story, gameplay and setup. Just way better graphics.

Don't get me wrong, it is more than a HD port.  

Verbiage aside on what the game is, I loved it.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 08 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED