By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

That was unclear then and thinking Nintendo would release a device in 2023 with these specs is still nonsensical. They're not gonna release a high end console, none of the three console makers do that. Your expectations are unreasonable.

You have no clue what your talking about Switch pro was indeed real and was gonna release at that time ps5 and X were sold at break even and thr pro could have easily been profitable even In 2023 for the Switch pro. You are comparing apples to oranges. A 8nm t239 is not expensive in 2023 lol.

The PS5 and Series X were mid-range and what are you basing the Switch Pro stuff on? You can't accuse someone of having no clue what they're talking about over this when you said that these specs are gonna be very dated which is objectively wrong since it's gonna be mid-range when it comes out which is perfectly fine for a video game console.

Around the Network

Does it help if I admit I want the rumored 5090 at 1,500 gb/s? Otherwise I don't know how to contribute to the current discussion?

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

You have no clue what your talking about Switch pro was indeed real and was gonna release at that time ps5 and X were sold at break even and thr pro could have easily been profitable even In 2023 for the Switch pro. You are comparing apples to oranges. A 8nm t239 is not expensive in 2023 lol.

The PS5 and Series X were mid-range and what are you basing the Switch Pro stuff on? You can't accuse someone of having no clue what they're talking about over this when you said that these specs are gonna be very dated which is objectively wrong since it's gonna be mid-range when it comes out which is perfectly fine for a video game console.

This comparison again doesn't make sense. we are talking about what's doable  a 8nm t239 was doable for a pro version in mid 2023 and could have been profitable the ps5 and x series were sold at a loss comparing them to 2000$ PC Makes no sense in terms of what's in the box and for the price they are as top of the line as they could be in 2020 it's as simple as that.

JRPGfan said:
zeldaring said:

I wasn't expecting for them to go NVDA if they were going cutting edge. Because i been hearing rumors for switch pro for so long and was the traveling the world when i came back to the states i expected to see a pro version when i saw there was no pro version i became negative on nintendo and expected nintendo do what they do best give us the worst case scenario for hardware every time, and with a T239 in 2025 they delivered again. look lets just say ps6 has slightly better specs then ps5 pro in 2028, sony fans would burn it  alive, So me saying it's seems very dated is more then fair.

I doubt that.... if its to keep prices down, I bet most would be okay with barely stronger than PS5pro level console.
We're reaching the point of deminishing returns, and honestly a PS5pro will be a monster.

Most pc gamers are running something like a 4060 or less..... which is basically say equal to a PS5 in terms of performance.

so really what other options are there? Its either go PC, or go Console.

Here in Denmark a nvidia 4060 is still like ~275$ or more.
a 4070 here is like ~475$.

If you can get a PS5pro for like 500$, thats still alot cheaper than building a PC with a nvidia 4070 in it.
Which would be the alternative to a PS5pro.

When i talk about this i'm obviously talking about the sony fans that post online and care about graphics obviously the average consumer doesn't care that much about power anymore.  

zeldaring said:
JRPGfan said:

I doubt that.... if its to keep prices down, I bet most would be okay with barely stronger than PS5pro level console.
We're reaching the point of deminishing returns, and honestly a PS5pro will be a monster.

Most pc gamers are running something like a 4060 or less..... which is basically say equal to a PS5 in terms of performance.

so really what other options are there? Its either go PC, or go Console.

Here in Denmark a nvidia 4060 is still like ~275$ or more.
a 4070 here is like ~475$.

If you can get a PS5pro for like 500$, thats still alot cheaper than building a PC with a nvidia 4070 in it.
Which would be the alternative to a PS5pro.

When i talk about this i'm obviously talking about the sony fans that post online and care about graphics obviously the average consumer doesn't care that much about power anymore.  

Thats just it.... we re reaching the point where, theres so much juice, that honestly its alot more important a game is well made, than how much horse power a console has.  I can easily imagine the Playstation 6 or Playstation 7, the power it has, isnt nearly as big a draw anymore as previous gens.

Honestly Imagine if PS6 launches, and its 300$, but barely faster than a PS5pro.

That wouldnt be a bad thing at all imo.

Look at the Series X, its theoretically more powerfull than the PS5 (by like 17%), but does it have any games that really showcase that?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 12 May 2024

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
zeldaring said:

Thats just it.... we re reaching the point where, theres so much juice, that honestly its alot more important a game is well made, than how much horse power a console has.  I can easily imagine the Playstation 6 or Playstation 7, the power is has, isnt nearly as big a draw anymore as previous gens.

Honestly Imagine if PS6 launches, and its 300$, but barely faster than a PS5pro.

That wouldnt be a bad thing at all imo.

It really depends if we have a break through on a new graphic technology, and it's possible that ray tracing might be taken to a new level with ps6.

about the xbox comparison they are really close and ps5 does have some minor advantages with it's hardware  and the bigger thing is ps5 is destroying x in sales so that won't be anywhere as optimized. 

zeldaring said:

for the price they are as top of the line as they could be in 2020 it's as simple as that

The same will be true for the Switch 2 in early-mid 2025. You're not going to find gaming handhelds at $400-$500 that are more performant than it. Top of the line gaming handhelds are usually $700 - $1500, with the more expensive ones (>$1,000) releasing earlier from small, niche, manufacturers and the cheaper ones later as the larger manufacturers adopt the newest chipsets.  

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

This comparison again doesn't make sense. we are talking about what's doable  a 8nm t239 was doable for a pro version in mid 2023 and could have been profitable the ps5 and x series were sold at a loss comparing them to 2000$ PC Makes no sense in terms of what's in the box and for the price they are as top of the line as they could be in 2020 it's as simple as that.

You are delusional if you think this was doable in mid-2023. The Orin chips launched in 2023, and you would usually need a couple of years of hardware research and development. That's why switch one used a 2015 SOC in 2017, and switch two will use a 2023 SOC in 2025.

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

For the price the PS5 and Series X were as good as they could be yeah but if they were more expensive they could've been more capable but the three console makers don't release high-end consoles. Expecting only Nintendo to do that makes no sense.

eleazar0425 said:
zeldaring said:

You are delusional if you think this was doable in mid-2023. The Orin chips launched in 2023, and you would usually need a couple of years of hardware research and development. That's why switch one used a 2015 SOC in 2017, and switch two will use a 2023 SOC in 2025.

yea i'm delusional and so was everyone on the web, you realize it's almost the same damn chip as a  RTX 2050. it was all but confirmed and even DF said nintendo cancelled the pro.