By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft has closed down multiple Bethesda studios, including: Tango, Arkane Austin, etc

Tagged games:

The studios are:

Tango Gameworks (Hi-fi Rush, The Evil Withim, and Ghostwire Tokyo)

Arkane Austin (Prey, Redfall, and Dishonored developed with Arkane Lyon)

Alpha Dogs Studio: Will merge with ZeniMax Online Studios

Roundhouse Games: Will merge with ZeniMax Online Studios

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Fuck this man! Morale in the gaming industry is at an all time low right now.

Wow..that's incredible. For Microsoft, only ip's and statistics are important, hard-working employees and gamers are secondary.
There will be no more xbox for me. But that's not a bad thing: at some point all xbox-titles will also be available for PlayStation 5 in future.

A bit surprised by Tango Gameworks, but I think we should just get used to this from MS. They bought SO many studios.

Yeah this blows.

Around the Network

As if my interest in MS' studios wasn't low enough as it is...

It's time for the remaining Bethesda and Activision employees to go on strike. Things have gotten significantly worse since the takeover.

2024 truly sucks, Arkane Austin like I can understand, Bethesda and MS probably lost confidence in this studio management, but Tango... really? They just release Hi-Fi rush for the PS5 and they'd probably be tasked with porting it to switch 2 shortly. The only thing I could see that made MS choose tango was because they were cancelling projects and Tango found themselves having just release their latest work and without any project they were too invested in and without any will from MS to fund anything new right now.

Awful news. The entire industry seems to be falling apart.

KazumaKiryu said:

It's time for the remaining Bethesda and Activision employees to go on strike. Things have gotten significantly worse since the takeover.

Okay, but this isn't only a MS problem. If there is a strike, it should be across the games industry collectively.