By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2024 (Apr 01 - Apr 07)

Yeah, saw the software numbers go up by a significant margin with a good hold from Peach and it meant obviously the Switch was about to flex good numbers.

This is just crazy for any console really, but it's just that good !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
peachbuggy said:

I know i'm probably expecting a bit much but in the next few weeks it looks like the Switch could pull out a sizeable lead over 2018 numbers. Possibly even into a lead of about 280k YTD! :O
Am fully expecting all of that and more to be clawed back in the later months. Am under no illusions that 2024 can beat 2018 numbers but nonetheless, still very impressive so far.

I expect the Switch to easily sell 1.45M by Jun 30, 2024. A mid-total of 936.94k sold for PS5 by Jun 30, 2024, and 8.1k for Xbox Series by Jun 30, 2024.

So the Switch should be 282k units ahead of 2018 in for week 26, ending on Jun 30. And 34k units behind 2019 on Jun 30.

12 weeks to go! Just needs 656k more in 12 weeks, averaging 54,666 units per week.

Looks doable to me.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Switch randomly has its 2nd best week of the year so far cause of course it does. I have no idea why the past several weeks of the Switch have been notably better than 2-8, its performing normally in other places and while exporting is for sure happening I dunno why that would be happening more now compared to a couple months ago.

Also the 3DS has at last fully died which timing wise fits with its online functionality getting shutdown so I kinda expect that was planned. Now the question is how much longer the PS4 will get tracked which considering its not even discontinued yet is probably till at least the end of 2025.

DroidKnight said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I expect the Switch to easily sell 1.45M by Jun 30, 2024. A mid-total of 936.94k sold for PS5 by Jun 30, 2024, and 8.1k for Xbox Series by Jun 30, 2024.

So the Switch should be 282k units ahead of 2018 in for week 26, ending on Jun 30. And 34k units behind 2019 on Jun 30.

12 weeks to go! Just needs 656k more in 12 weeks, averaging 54,666 units per week.

I believe the switch can do it.

For your PS5 number it would need to average 34,771 a week.

For your Xbox Series number it would need to have 1918 Xboxes returned back to the store per week(and no further sales) to lower it down to 8100?

Oops! The Xbox Series guesstimate was supposed to be 48.1k by Jun 30, 2024. I blame a misclick.

I think PS5 can achieve that. But it won’t be easy.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
DroidKnight said:

I believe the switch can do it.

For your PS5 number it would need to average 34,771 a week.

For your Xbox Series number it would need to have 1918 Xboxes returned back to the store per week(and no further sales) to lower it down to 8100?

Oops! The Xbox Series guesstimate was supposed to be 48.1k by Jun 30, 2024. I blame a misclick.

I figured it was innocent, my crappy nature makes me respond.  Please don't mind me too much.  SB will hopefully move a lot of PS5s.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I figured it was innocent, my crappy nature makes me respond.  Please don't mind me too much.  SB will hopefully move a lot of PS5s.

No harm no foul. Thanks for pointing it out :)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

If Switch was a person

Go Switch Go!!  Watchin' those Switch sales defy gravity.  I think it would be awesome if it actually can sell 3M by the end of the year.  It's a stretch goal, but with each new week it seems more and more possible.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 11 April 2024

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Go Switch Go!!  Watchin' those Switch sales defy gravity.  I think it would be awesome if it actually can sell 3M by the end of the year.  It's a stretch goal, but with each new week it seems more and more possible.

I have the Switch easily selling over 2.9M so yes, 3M is very possible. Especially if the holiday has a Pokémon game, Zelda remakes, or is Metroid Prime 4.