By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3rd Party Exclusives are hurting the industry

Eh, I think this is as much effort as I want to put into this discussion. If you want to argue that third parties are routinely making deals that hurt them, well, that's a dumb argument, but I will sleep fine even with the knowledge that someone is wrong on the internet.

Around the Network

All exclusives are shit. The sooner people notice this the better.

Mnementh said:
Chrkeller said:

Sony is copying MS because they made the ps5 ugly as ****?  

LOL.

I hate this design BTW, because I cannot stack the consoles with something like this in between. Why do designers assume their device is the only one you own?

Well, if the design keeps you from stacking a PS5 between other consoles, it's a smart design.

Don't stack consoles, give them room to "breathe".

Yeah exclusives suck I don’t even use consoles no more everything is done off my 4k smart tv using gamepass and gfn and steam deck I know that I ain’t paying 500 dollars for dedicated consoles no more only reason I paid that for steam deck is cause of it being a pc to otherwise I’d be full on cloud

Chrkeller said:
Leynos said:

Eh SEGA fully owns the Bayonetta IP but Nintendo owns the rights to 2 and 3 and Origins. Can't believe we have to keep repeating this a decade later but PG pitched Bayo 2 to MS and Sony. SEGA didn't want to fund it. Nintendo did. Kamiya said plenty himself Bayo series dies without Nintendo.

You don't need to keep posting it.  You and Rol aren't saying anything we don't know.  I was listing out third party games not in steam, which includes Bayo series.  For some reason you all thought I didn't know why it was Nintendo exclusive....  I'm fully aware as to why, same with BB and Demon.  

If you are aware of it, stop calling them third party games when they are first party games. That will make things easier for everyone.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

You don't need to keep posting it.  You and Rol aren't saying anything we don't know.  I was listing out third party games not in steam, which includes Bayo series.  For some reason you all thought I didn't know why it was Nintendo exclusive....  I'm fully aware as to why, same with BB and Demon.  

If you are aware of it, stop calling them third party games when they are first party games. That will make things easier for everyone.

Platinum and From are 3rd party dude.  You need a stick removal.

My entire point was steam has most everything except unique situations with third party developers.  

I always love when someone points out common knowledge as though it was insightful.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 16 March 2024

Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

They are third parties under normal circumstances, but when they get money from a console manufacturer to make a game, then they don't own their work, but the console manufacturer does. The reason why this difference is so crucial is that it makes it self-explanatory why a certain game appears only on one specific console.

Or do you believe that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a third party game because the vast majority of its development was done by Bandai-Namco?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

They are third parties under normal circumstances, but when they get money from a console manufacturer to make a game, then they don't own their work, but the console manufacturer does. The reason why this difference is so crucial is that it makes it self-explanatory why a certain game appears only on one specific console.

Or do you believe that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a third party game because the vast majority of its development was done by Bandai-Namco?

That is literally my point.  A comment was made that steam is missing third party support.  My entire point was that outside unique situations, such as bayo, steam has everything.

We are all aware of why bayo is exclusive.  Nobody is confused and needed the obvious pointed out.

You are literally missing my point while saying exactly what I was saying. 

Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

That is literally my point.  A comment was made that steam is missing third party support.  My entire point was that outside unique situations, such as bayo, steam has everything.

We are all aware of why bayo is exclusive.  Nobody is confused and needed the obvious pointed out.

Can you really not tell the difference between the games you originally listed? Take a look at it again:

Chrkeller said:

Only third party I can think of not on steam is FF16, Rebirth, bayonetta (2+3) and Unicorn overlord. Granted all those games will hit steam, outside bayonetta 2+3. Not sure what major third party steam doesn't have.

Edit

Bloodborne and Demon are missing from steam.  Though I hope Demon Remake finds it's way at some point.  

Third party games: Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord.
First party games: Bayonetta 2+3, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls.

Regarding confusion, I'll give you that you have not been on this forum for that long of a time. It took many, many years until it became common knowledge that Bayonetta 2 is not a third party game. There were dozens of threads where it had to be explained time and time again.

The reason why you got two people responding to your original post of this discussion branch is that you conflated first and third party games, therefore suggesting that you do not know the difference. And then you called Bayonetta 2+3 again third party games afterwards, reinforcing the impression that you do not properly understand the difference between plain third party games, money-hatted third party games, and first-party-funded and first-party-owned games that were developed by a third party studio. I am not convinced that we are saying exactly the same thing when you couldn't even be bothered to answer the simple question I asked about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, because an answer to that question would make it clear whether or not you understand the differences.

And sure, there's hardly anything missing on Steam when it comes to noteworthy third party games. Nobody is going to disagree with this after it has been spoken out.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Can you really not tell the difference between the games you originally listed? Take a look at it again:

Chrkeller said:

Only third party I can think of not on steam is FF16, Rebirth, bayonetta (2+3) and Unicorn overlord. Granted all those games will hit steam, outside bayonetta 2+3. Not sure what major third party steam doesn't have.

Edit

Bloodborne and Demon are missing from steam.  Though I hope Demon Remake finds it's way at some point.  

Third party games: Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord.
First party games: Bayonetta 2+3, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls.

Regarding confusion, I'll give you that you have not been on this forum for that long of a time. It took many, many years until it became common knowledge that Bayonetta 2 is not a third party game. There were dozens of threads where it had to be explained time and time again.

The reason why you got two people responding to your original post of this discussion branch is that you conflated first and third party games, therefore suggesting that you do not know the difference. And then you called Bayonetta 2+3 again third party games afterwards, reinforcing the impression that you do not properly understand the difference between plain third party games, money-hatted third party games, and first-party-funded and first-party-owned games that were developed by a third party studio. I am not convinced that we are saying exactly the same thing when you couldn't even be bothered to answer the simple question I asked about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, because an answer to that question would make it clear whether or not you understand the differences.

And sure, there's hardly anything missing on Steam when it comes to noteworthy third party games. Nobody is going to disagree with this after it has been spoken out.

Yeah I listed games missing from steam and said they will hit steam, except bayo....  hmm, I wonder why listed bayo as being different?