By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Crunchyroll & your Anime on Blu-ray

Let's talk about which anime are new in your disc-collection at home or on Crunchyroll. I would update this thread often and share with you the new anime that are being released on a daily basis. Maybe you have good tips for anime on Blu-Ray. I have subscribed to the largest anime-streaming service (Crunchyroll) for 1 year. We can use this thread to talk about current Crunchyroll anime (i see "The Witch and the Beast" right now + some old highlights) - and the ones series that are released every month. But above all I would be interested in your anime-collection on Blu-ray.

Feel free to post pictures or write about which anime series/films you have at home :) I personally own the following anime-series on Blu-ray:

Death Note
Cowboy Bebop
Wolfs Rain, Haikyuu, Samurai Champloo,
Digimon Adventure 1
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Fulmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Vinland Saga Season 1
original Dragon Ball Z (complete) & some Naruto/One Piece volumes, ect

My Anime-MOVIES: Princess Mononoke, The Boy and The Beast, Your Name, Hello World, Okko’s Inn and some others.

In the future I would like to support "The Boy and the Heron" by Studio Ghibli and the series "Mushishi" and "Monster" on Blu-ray. And you?

I'm excited about your collection and which new shows you'll be watching on Crunchyroll in future. Wish you a wonderful weekend =)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 02 March 2024

Around the Network

- Naruto, all seasons and movies
- Naruto Shippuden, all movies and currently only 2 seasons and 3rd season preordered
- Bleach, all seasons and movies, TYBW season 1 preordered
- Deathnote
- Yu-Gi-Oh, just the 3 movies
- Persona 4
- Devil May Cry
- Bayonetta
- High School of the Dead
- Rurouni Kenshin New Kyoto Arc
- Ranma 1/2, all seasons and movies/OVA in collectors edition
- Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie
- Dragon Ball Z, all seasons, OVAs and movies
- Dragon Ball Super, started the first 3 parts then gave up and will wait for when they release season or something, have all movies.
- CG movies, I have all Final Fantasy and Resident Evil movies, Harlock Space Pirate..... I really want Gantz O on blu-ray but hasn't been released in NA

I have Cowboy Bebop: The Movie on Blu-Ray.

I want everything related to Gurren Lagaan (original subs) on Blu-Ray.

I disliked the series Monster. It started off strong with a good premise but by the end I was sick of it. Too much filler and the payoff sucked. I regret the time I spent watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

A lot.

But I'll just talk about my favourite collection and series, Monogatari:

This one is important not only because it's my favourite anime (and one of my 3 favourite series along with Fringe and Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms)) but also because all the arcs/episodes aren't available on official streaming platforms, at least not last I checked. Also it took some time and effort to collect because I originally started through a local Australian/NZ retailer called Hanabee, but they went defunct a few years ago before they could finish releasing every arc so I had to finish my collection through Amazon UK/MVM, but because of lockdowns Amazon UK wouldn't ship directly to New Zealand at that time, so I had to also use a proxy service to finally get the whole collection finished.

...Also it's not finished, because Studio Shaft just announced they'll be continuing their adaptions starting with Monster Season, and trust me, there's a lot more to be adapted; Nisioisin and Shaft will never let this series die.

Through Hanabee:

• Bakemonogatari on Blu-ray and a Limited Edition DVD release
  • Nisemonogatari on Blu-ray and a Limited Edition DVD release
  • Nekomonogatari Black Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • All Monogatari Season Two Blu-ray/DVD Combo-- Nekomonogatari White, Kabukimonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari.
  • Hanamonogatari Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • Tsukimonogatari Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • Owarimonogatari Volume One and Volume Two Blu-ray/DVD Combo

Through Amazon UK/MVM:

• Kizumonogatari Part One, Part Two and Part Three Blu-ray Limited Editions
  • Koiyomimonogatari Blu-ray
  • Owarimonogatari Volume Three Blu-ray
  • Zoku Owarimonogatari Blu-ray

All of these are in order of the original series/movie release dates, which might be slightly different from when the collections came out. It's also slightly different from the order of the novels; most notably Kizumonogatari was originally published just after Bakemonogatari, and for the official English translation was the first novel released. It's also very different from the chronological order of events, which can make it confusing if you're watching for the first time.

I still buy anime on Blu-ray regularly. I don't want to embrace an all digital future for videogames, movies, and TV.

Here are a few that I own physically, all Bluray unless otherwise indicated:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (DVD)
Outlaw Star
Dragon Ball (DVD)
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT (DVD)
Dragon Ball Super
Hellsing Ultimate
Anohana The Flower We Say That Day
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (DVD)
Golden Boy (DVD)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (SD Blu-ray)
91 Days
Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
The Wind Rises
From Up On Poppy Hill
Only Yesterday
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Samurai 7
Spice and Wolf
The Vision of Escaflowne
Black Lagoon
Code Geass

I've currently got Berserk 1997 and A Place Further Than The Universe preordered.

Around the Network
ALinkInTime said:

I still buy anime on Blu-ray regularly. I don't want to embrace an all digital future for videogames, movies, and TV.

Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (DVD)
Outlaw Star
Dragon Ball (DVD)
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT (DVD)
Dragon Ball Super
Hellsing Ultimate
Golden Boy (DVD)
91 Days
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
The Wind Rises
From Up On Poppy Hill
Only Yesterday
Samurai 7
Spice and Wolf
The Vision of Escaflowne
Black Lagoon
Code Geass

I've currently got Berserk 1997 and A Place Further Than The Universe preordered.

Heck yes! Me too. Berserk is my favourite series. I hope the Memorial Edition also gets a Blu Ray release.

1doesnotsimply

V-r0cK said:

- Naruto Shippuden, all movies and currently only 2 seasons and 3rd season preordered
- Deathnote
- Persona 4
- Devil May Cry
- Bayonetta
- Dragon Ball Super, started the first 3 parts then gave up and will wait for when they release season or something, have all movies.
- CG movies, I have all Final Fantasy and Resident Evil movies, Harlock Space Pirate..... I really want Gantz O on blu-ray but hasn't been released in NA

My respect. Really great collection! Any wishes for the future on Blu-ray? :)

Signalstar said:

I have Cowboy Bebop: The Movie on Blu-Ray.

I want everything related to Gurren Lagaan (original subs) on Blu-Ray.

Oh yeah, the cowboy bebop-movie is fantastic!The Details, Story, Fights, Atmosphere, Characters, Sounds..so awesome.

Shaunodon said:

A lot.

But I'll just talk about my favourite collection and series, Monogatari:

This one is important not only because it's my favourite anime (and one of my 3 favourite series along with Fringe and Eternal Love (Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms)) but also because all the arcs/episodes aren't available on official streaming platforms, at least not last I checked. Also it took some time and effort to collect because I originally started through a local Australian/NZ retailer called Hanabee, but they went defunct a few years ago before they could finish releasing every arc so I had to finish my collection through Amazon UK/MVM, but because of lockdowns Amazon UK wouldn't ship directly to New Zealand at that time, so I had to also use a proxy service to finally get the whole collection finished.

...Also it's not finished, because Studio Shaft just announced they'll be continuing their adaptions starting with Monster Season, and trust me, there's a lot more to be adapted; Nisioisin and Shaft will never let this series die.

Through Hanabee:

• Bakemonogatari on Blu-ray and a Limited Edition DVD release
  • Nisemonogatari on Blu-ray and a Limited Edition DVD release
  • Nekomonogatari Black Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • All Monogatari Season Two Blu-ray/DVD Combo-- Nekomonogatari White, Kabukimonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari.
  • Hanamonogatari Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • Tsukimonogatari Blu-ray/DVD Combo
  • Owarimonogatari Volume One and Volume Two Blu-ray/DVD Combo

Through Amazon UK/MVM:

• Kizumonogatari Part One, Part Two and Part Three Blu-ray Limited Editions
  • Koiyomimonogatari Blu-ray
  • Owarimonogatari Volume Three Blu-ray
  • Zoku Owarimonogatari Blu-ray

All of these are in order of the original series/movie release dates, which might be slightly different from when the collections came out. It's also slightly different from the order of the novels; most notably Kizumonogatari was originally published just after Bakemonogatari, and for the official English translation was the first novel released. It's also very different from the chronological order of events, which can make it confusing if you're watching for the first time.

Thank you for your interesting comment. Which anime series are you currently watching?

If you like, you can post pictures of your greatest treasures =) @all

ALinkInTime said:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (DVD)
Outlaw Star
Dragon Ball (DVD)
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT (DVD)
Dragon Ball Super
Hellsing Ultimate
Golden Boy (DVD)
91 Days
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
The Wind Rises
From Up On Poppy Hill
Only Yesterday
Samurai 7
Spice and Wolf
The Vision of Escaflowne
Black Lagoon
Code Geass

Absolutely agree!! 100% same opinion. Impressive collection, i see many strong series/movies =) Like your Anime-taste =)

In a few days many new anime-series that will appear on Crunchyroll in the next quarter will be revealed. If no one lists them, I will do it next month :) But it's also nice that some big series are also being produced on Blu-Ray this year too.

PS: The new "Dragon Ball DAIMA" is coming end of 2024 on Crunchyroll, i think.

I have never collected anime but am thinking about collecting the inital d blue rays. Because that is my favorite series of all time.

BiON!@ 

KazumaKiryu said:
V-r0cK said:

- Deathnote
- Persona 4
- Devil May Cry
- Bayonetta

My respect. Really great collection! Any wishes for the future on Blu-ray? :)

Thanks!!! Aside from Gantz:O that I want on Blu-ray, I would already really like to have the original Rurouni Kenshin anime on Blu-ray as well.

Series:

- Naruto (DVD)

- Dragon Ball (DVD)

- Violet Evergarden

- Death Note

- InuYasha

- Toradora

- Ancient Magus Bride

- Fullmetal Alchemist

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

- Neon Genesis Evangelion

- Snow White with the Red Hair

- Cowboy Bebop

- One-Punch Man 

- Tsukigakirei

Movies: 

- All released Ghibli, Shinkai, all Hosoda since The Girl Who Leapt through Time, others like Lonely Castle in the Mirror, I want to eat your pancreas, Napping Princess, Penguin Highway, A Silent Voice, Josee The Tiger and the Fish, and a few others. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 11 March 2024