By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 7, 2024 (Feb 12 - Feb 18)

ShadowLink93 said:

Switch's current sales total is pretty close to what it was doing in 2018.  That is amazingly good for a system in its eighth year.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Switch's current sales total is pretty close to what it was doing in 2018.  That is amazingly good for a system in its eighth year.

I could see it keeping up with 2018 for most of the year then getting obliterated during the holidays.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nice opening for Mario vs Donkey Kong considering it's perhaps the smallest of the extant Mario side series.

Switch is actually almost exactly flat YOY this week.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I could see it keeping up with 2018 for most of the year then getting obliterated during the holidays.

That should happen. If it's at about 1.8m by week 40 instead of being at just under 3.5m by week 52 it'll be at about 2.5m instead. Still an amazing result for its age.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

At this point this seems pretty likely.  There is a pretty big range of final numbers that fit what you are describing though.  If Switch sold 2.5m this year, that would be a strong result.  If it sold close to 3m then that would be totally amazing and still fit what you are talking about.

Around the Network

Top 30 software now posted. Fair number of PS4/5 games fall in 11-30 this time.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish