By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

the-pi-guy said:
Chrkeller said:

Pretty sure, by default, someone calling for my murder, in fact makes me a victim.

And Bandorr did rip me a new one sometime last year.  It sure as **** didn't require a discussion.

You all don't have to admit it, but favorites are being played.

Your post is shameful.  Someone literally is calling for murder. 

You're not a victim of the mod team. That was my point. 

Because as I mentioned personal posts don't require discussion, mod notes generally do. 

Favorites are not being played. If I was not on vacation, Bandorr wouldn't have bothered putting that it was being discussed. I would have been able to ban right away. 

Fair enough.  Just seemed a heck of a delayed response given the material.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

See this is why I no longer consider myself a leftist; over the past decade or so the left have become so nasty, so intolerant, so totalitarian, that calling for the murder of those who disagree with them is the norm now.

Bullying, coercion, threats, exclusion, its all par for the course for the modern left. Anyone who doesn't submit to their opinions is relentless attacked and abused, and it's disgusting.

I don't like Trump, but the fact much of America is seriously leaning towards an obvious conman who tried to overthrow democracy rather than the left speaks volumes about how utterly toxic the left has become.

If they're serious about defeating the alt right, leftists need to wake up and deal with the extremists within their own ranks who have hijacked their movement.

curl-6 said:

See this is why I no longer consider myself a leftist; over the past decade or so the left have become so nasty, so intolerant, so totalitarian, that calling for the murder of those who disagree with them is the norm now.

Bullying, coercion, threats, exclusion, its all par for the course for the modern left. Anyone who doesn't submit to their opinions is relentless attacked and abused, and it's disgusting.

I don't like Trump, but the fact much of America is seriously leaning towards an obvious conman who tried to overthrow democracy rather than the left speaks volumes about how utterly toxic the left has become.

If they're serious about defeating the alt right, leftists need to wake up and deal with the extremists within their own ranks who have hijacked their movement.

I think the best thing to do is to call out, bring to light, and continuously shame those who crossed into extreme or violent rhetoric and behavior. Extremism has no place in this world and with a click of a button, should be eradicated from this website. I have personally witnessed, replied back, and reported a user on this website, Machiavellian, who said the most despicable thing I have ever read in my life. You can read it here: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9336356

At the time, Ryuu96 decided not to ban Machiavellian and instead said the following: "Almost certain that this is a simple misunderstanding. Machia is being sarcastic and using an extreme example to call out the ridiculousness of the current situation(s) but he is not seriously saying he is about to go outside and start shooting people up."

When Machiavellian made this post back in 2021, he was a regular user. Now he is a MODERATOR. Aren't you glad this type of person is moderating you?

To the mods: I'm so glad I am shoving this back in your face. Your move.

To everyone else: Don't let this information fall back in the shadows. I will let you decide if you want to collectively report this incident. I have already tried years ago, but there is always power in numbers.

curl-6 said:

I assure you, both sides are perfectly capable of being nasty.

curl-6 said:

Yep.  Intolerant and bullying is spot on.  Gifriend Reviews wanted to do Hogwarts Legacy and got terrorized by cancel culture, with false accusations that temporarily closed some of their media channels.  

Just one example but the mob mentality is scary.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

"That's what I've seen in terms of support of Joe Biden, because for us, Joe Biden has always had our back, and we're going to have his," he said.

"So we're still riding with Biden," Harrison said.

Quotes from the DNC chair. Sounds like Biden isn't going anywhere.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

curl-6 said:

I don't know much about American Politics, but with Australia I think both parties have lost there way, there is no sane government that wants to be in the middle and when a leader tries their party massacres them. I think they d it this way so they can retain their jobs.

The other problem is our media basically employee's people to post about tweets and tiktok or reddit comments who are not real journalists with an political interest or knowledge.

In the morning you get and opinion piece on how Albo sucks, in the afternoon another one how he is doing a great job. This gets the toxic trolls out on social media. 

Feels like both parties and the media are taking us for a ride, by causing divide on purpose so there isn't enough smart people to start thinking about how each MP has performed in their job that they were elected to do and we constantly blame someone else.

curl-6 said:

snip

I'm sorry, but this is a bunch of nonsense. Let me help you with what bullying, threats, coercion, and exclusion really look like:

Plus you have news outlets and social media that are completely dominated by right-wing discourse. One of the right's greatest triumphs, by the way, has been to make people believe media has a liberal bias despite being owned and sponsored by the ultra-rich whole.

I'd refer you to Nwanevu's essay in New Republic which completely refutes this talking point.

Biden has a chance of losing because 2022's inflation was 10% instead of 2% and he looks like a grandpa way past his bedtime, not because of widespread panic over some sinister 'woke' agenda.

Granted, the 'left' has problems, but that's mostly because in most countries it's just a form of tame social liberalism (see: Chile, Germany) instead of actual left-wing politics as a consequence of the fall of the eastern block and decades of brainwashing by neoliberal economics - which began not with Reagan and Thatcher in the 80s, mind, but one that was being cooked since the 50s by the right-wing.

Last edited by haxxiy - 2 days ago

curl-6 said:

I've never been part of the Right and now I want nothing to do with the Left.  The culture itself has turned nasty and frightening.

I know it's been said many times already but the Left has essentially become a religion.  Embracing ideas of "original sin" like racial guilt, "excommunicating" anyone who questions the hivemind, supporting censorship, excusing hate speech and bullying as long as the targets are of the approved type.  It's now firmly centered on intolerance and hypocrisy even while they pat themselves on the back for being such good people.

And as far as a threat to Democracy, the Left taking over both the media and higher education while having zero reservations about using their new-found wealth and power to spread propaganda and control the flow of information is far more dangerous than anything Trump could do on his best day.  

I can't see myself supporting either side in the foreseeable future.  As the loudest voices become more extreme with every passing year, regular people are going to find themselves pulled to the edges out of fear, anger, and resentment.  

curl-6 said:

You are such a newb, curl. And you spend too much time on the internet.

Social media is a plague because it's not properly moderated. What happens in such an environment is that more and more of the good people quit over time, so eventually the fringe of society constitutes the majority of active users. This means that the left - as an overarching entity that encompasses everyone who is not right - has actually not radicalized itself like you think, rather it's that the worst of the bunch are the most heard voices today. The left as an overarching entity is also not a movement, it's just a general description to describe where someone falls on the political spectrum.

So all that's here to see is how you engage in confirmation bias to justify it to yourself that you take a more radical position. This culminates in your comment about American voters where you suggest the left has driven people into the arms of Trump. But what really happened is that a channel like Fox News has been continually allowed to spread lies and bullshit with almost no consequences, so over the years people who consider themselves conservatives have been conditioned to not believe any other news sources while gobbling up everything that's on Fox News as the truth. The far-right has been normalized because the USA lacks the laws to contain something like Fox News. In European countries any news outlet who constantly engages in so much fearmongering and falsehoods gets banned, such as the localized versions of Russia Today.

But in America? Fox News already does its part in reframing the insurrectionists from January 6th as great patriots and political prisoners. Once that and similar things become recognized as the truth, then the world gets turned upside down. Hence why now the majority of Americans considers Putin a better president than Biden. Yes, Putin the dictator who fights against freedom of speech and basically every American value. That's the level of ignorance we are talking about here. If any republican of the second half of the 20th century would have been frozen in time and woke up right now, they wouldn't recognize their party anymore.

Most importantly, you have to remember that leadership has gone back and forth between democrats and republicans for a very long time in the USA. The number of republicans did not grow due to the left or any part of the left, instead the republican party has been morphed into something else.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.