By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Game of the Year Awards 2023 - Results Thread

The_Yoda said:

tagging

Yo, that blunt.  Pass to me, you must.

Around the Network

give, puff puff, I will

Best Supporting Performance of 2023

There was a clear favourite here, but with a whopping 10 nominees making it through to final voting, that individual won with just 25.15% of the vote.

Machina said:

Best Supporting Performance of 2023

There was a clear favourite here, but with a whopping 10 nominees making it through to final voting, that individual won with just 25.15% of the vote.

Worth putting my comment here too:

Should make a public mea culpa over a few missed candidates during the prelims:

-Delayed entry of James McCaffery/Sam Lake as Alex Casey (Alan Wake II)
-David Hardwood as Warlin Door (Alan Wake II)
-Jessica Preddy as Rose Marigold (Alan Wake II)

Even though I thought Shawn Ashmore did fine too, I still think these are more worthy. I was too pre-occupied with other things and didn't realize what other potential nominees we were lacking.

Best Lead Performance of 2023

As with Best Supporting Performance, there was a fairly clear victor here, but runner-up was very hotly contested, with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th being separated by just 1.40%.

Around the Network

Best Narrative of 2023

The closest we came to a three-way tie. First place ended up with 23.725% of the vote, second 22.38%, and third 22.2%.

Best Art Direction of 2023

With seven games making the final vote in this category and there being no clear favourite, the vote share was split quite evenly. As a result the winner won fairly comfortably despite only getting 26.14% of the vote. The runner-up managed 19.02%.

Best Original Music Score of 2023

Another award where there wasn't a clear favourite, so support was fairly broad. The winner managed 26.86%, runner-up 20.15%, and third place a very respectable 19.59%.

Machina said:

Another award where there wasn't a clear favourite, so support was fairly broad. The winner managed 26.86%, runner-up 20.15%, and third place a very respectable 19.59%.

If third place is what I think it is then it could have been even closer. I changed my vote on the last day and sorta regretted it later.

Spoiler!
Was it TotK?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Machina said:

If third place is what I think it is then it could have been even closer. I changed my vote on the last day and sorta regretted it later.

Spoiler!
Was it TotK?

Third was:

Spoiler!
Starfield. TotK got 17.50%.