By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 2024 Prediction League - Stellar Blade at 84

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Well, looks like we have a strong candidate for GOTY 2024.

This might be the one time a JRPG has an actual chance to take game of the year. Depends on the competition of course but I can only think of a few games we currently know of that might compete.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Raising my FF7 Rebirth score to 90.

I had upped my FF7 Rebirth prediction to a 90 btw. Not sure if it was missed but yeah, just noticed my prediction was still showing an 88 so figured I'd just say something. 

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Well, looks like we have a strong candidate for GOTY 2024.

This might be the one time a JRPG has an actual chance to take game of the year. Depends on the competition of course but I can only think of a few games we currently know of that might compete.

JRPGs dont win Game of the year.... watch something else come out and snatch it.

NobleTeam360 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Raising my FF7 Rebirth score to 90.

I had upped my FF7 Rebirth prediction to a 90 btw. Not sure if it was missed but yeah, just noticed my prediction was still showing an 88 so figured I'd just say something. 

Yea looks like I missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

JRPGfan said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

JRPGs dont win Game of the year.... watch something else come out and snatch it.

You're not wrong, but there still needs to be a high profile critically acclaimed game in one of the more "award-friendly" genres to steal it. I'm sure it has better odds than Tekken 8 since fighting games are even less likely to win. It's likely that something else will show up but like I said it's the one time a JRPG might stand a chance of winning.

Best chances to win GOTY as of now I’d say go to FF Rebirth, Dragon’s Dogma 2 or, if it makes this year, Metroid Prime 4.

Around the Network

^ that's very likely unless Hades 2 and/or Silksong release this year as well. RotR and Wukong look more like 8-8.5/10 games.

The first point tally is up now and it's a bit of an interesting one. With 3 games down we have a shared first place between @Geralt99 and @Wman1996 both with perfect scores for The Last of Us Part II and Helldivers II but no points from Foamstars (in Geralt's case due to not predicting that one giving him a perfect average for now). So they're both currently in the lead at 24 points with @Machina not too far behind in third place with 22 points.

Seems Foamstars was the one that really threw people off with very few points earned, but it did have one spot on prediction from @Qwark so kudos on that.

First reviews are in for Rise of the Ronin and it's currently sitting at 76 with 36 reviews. While not terrible that's quite a few points short of lowest prediction at 80 and the second lowest ones at 83.

Probably a pass for me. Dragon 2 seems more worth the time and money.

I'm not surprised about Rise of the Ronin. It is Team Ninja's first non linear action game aaaaand like all Japanese developers, they looked at Ubisoft's openworld system and it seems another bloated openworld. Still going to get but, waaaay laater.

Does anybody Stellar Blade is openworld? I hope not.