By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games of 2023

I only played and finished 5 games that were released in 2023 so I suppose that's my default top 5.

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Hi-fi Rush
3. Sea of Stars
4. Trails Into Reverie
5. Starfield

Around the Network

I played and beat only 5 games released in 2023. Just like NobleTeam360.

1. Baldur's Gate 3 (9/10)
2. Atomic Heart (8/10)
3. Planet of Lana (8/10)
4. Starfield (6/10)
5. Remnant II (5/10)

Games that released in 2023:

1.) Resident Evil 4
2.) Diablo 4
3.) Armored Core 6

Games I first experienced in 2023:

1.) 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Best '5' (6) Games I Played in 2023:
Resident Evil 8 VR mode
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime Remastered
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Final Fantasy 16
Super Mario Bros Wonder

(Also a shout-out to Kayak VR Mirage for PSVR2, its relaxing but it feels more of an experience than a game so it didn't make my list)

Games I will eventually play sometime in early 2024:
Dead Space remake
Alan Wake 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Armoured Core 6 (sorry for my English English)
Lies of P
Uncharted: Call of the Mountain (I have had this since November 2023 but not played it yet)

Games I Might buy in 2024 (if I have enough time lol, too many great games happened consistently throughout 2023):
Sea of Stars
Super Mario RPG remake
Pikmin 4
Octopath Traveller 2 (need to play the first one though)
Blasphemous 2 (also need to play the first one)
Quake 2 remaster
System Shock Remake
Assassin's Creed Nexus VR
Asgard's Wrath 2 (If it comes to PSVR2)
Spiderman 2 (still need to play the first one)
Hogwart's Legacy

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-mainstream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

1.Spider man 2
2.Horizon Forbidden west Burning Shores Expansion
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Final Fantasy 16
5. Horizon Call of the mountain

Around the Network

In no particular order these are the titles I would have nominated for GOTY.

Baldur's Gate 3
Spiderman 2
Super Mario Wonder
Final Fantasy XVI
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Resident Evil 4 on quality deserves a spot but as it's a remake I wouldn't nominate it for a GOTY award.

1. Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Hogwarts Legacy
  3. The Talos Principle II

Played Hi-Fi Rush as well but wasn't a huge fan.

Still want to play RE4 Remake, Pikmin 4, Spider-Man 2 and BG3 in roughly that order, but it'll probably be a while as I'll be focusing more on my backlog.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I haven't get around playing many video games from 2023, but it was semi-disappointing year for me when it comes to "heavy hitters". TotK was 6.5/10, BG3 was 7.5/10.
I don't have many hours in Asgard's Wrath 2, but that might just turn out to be best thing from 2023. I also enjoyed Dredge.
I have yet to play Chants of Sennaar, Cocoon, Dave the Diver, Jusant, System Shock remake, Lords of the Fallen reboot, Talos Principle 2 and Jagged Alliance 3, to name a few that caught my eye.

1. SpiderMan 2
2. Final Fantasy 16
3. Resident Evil 4 Remake
4. Sea of Stars
5. Dead Space Remake

Down the line I'm hoping to play Alan Wake 2, Baldur's Gate 3, Mortal Kombat, Octopath Traveler 2, One Piece Odyssey, the Cyberpunk DLC, and the HFW DLC. Humanity, Lego 2K Drive, and Tchia are great palette cleansers, and will find their way into my rotation as well. 

2023 was quite the incredible year despite the fact that I prolly would've wanted to finish a few more games but oh well here's my top 5 of games finished as it is.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed
2. Octopath Traveler II
3. Super Mario Wonder
4. Master Detective Archives Rain Code
5. Super Mario RPG

Honorable mentions :
Zelda TOTK (which I haven't finished yet so I could not rank), Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe (Magolor Epilogue almost made me want to put it above 5th) and Red Matter(Great VR experience!)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909