By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OD (New Hideo Kojima game)

People that know me for some time may think I have something against Kojima. Well, I don't, it's just that his games usually don't appeal to me (Except Policenauts, I enjoyed that one a lot). But I know the guy is very good at cinematic experiences.

This one caught my attention. I would like to see an horror game made by him, and this may end up being good. Also, he mentioned about this game being something very different that is like a game, but also a movie. Count me in.

Do you agree that the graphics are looking quite realistic? This is Unreal Engine 5, I think.

Around the Network

This is Kojima maximum unhinged lol

I didnt see the trailer until now but damn that is...cringe lol

Its like ever since he left Konami, went crazy - if it was any other developer, they would have disappeared or became close to unknown (like the creators of Mega Man and Final Fantasy).

But his ties to Hollywood got him back up.

Anyways, still need to play Death Stranding but I'll have OD wishlisted as well.

I remember a streamer/YouTuber (Vinesauce) live react of the trailer and he did a cut to his own face that matches the characters expression in the trailer.

Best shitpost to summarize my reaction to this trailer. It's truly a nothing burger announcement mixed with mocapped actors doing silly scared faces

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

BasilZero said:

This is Kojima maximum unhinged lol

I didnt see the trailer until now but damn that is...cringe lol

Its like ever since he left Konami, went crazy - if it was any other developer, they would have disappeared or became close to unknown (like the creators of Mega Man and Final Fantasy).

But his ties to Hollywood got him back up.

Anyways, still need to play Death Stranding but I'll have OD wishlisted as well.

Well Kojima is a frustrated would be movie director/producer/script writer/cinematographer/ best boy who has made a living mashing stuff from hollywood into his games, for those that are curious about him being a frustrated movie director, just watch Escape from New York then play MGS.the connection isn't subtle and will hit you between the eyes to me it came across as why create my own MC when I can steal one and call it homage, transporting Snake Plissken into a world filled with crazy anime style characters with each subsequent game going further in that direction.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot