2014, Game of the Year Runoff

Dark Souls II 6 14.29%

Bayonetta 2 5 11.90%

Mario Kart 8 11 26.19%

Divinity: Original Sin 3 7.14%

Alien: Isolation 7 16.67%

DKC: Tropical Freeze 10 23.81%

Total:42

Mario Kart 8. Probably my favorite game of the 8th generation, unless you count Breath of the Wild.

Around the Network

Still voting MK8, but DKC Tropical Freeze or Alien Isolation would also be quite the fair selection.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Alien Iso & MK8 are only ones I've played in Runoff. It'd be pretty cool to see Alien get the W.

Of these I'd say Mario Kart 8, but it's more out of necessity.

There's about 6.5 hours left and so far two of the write-in nominees are winning.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There's about 6.5 hours left and so far two of the write-in nominees are winning.

Credit to the community: it's pretty dope to see those types of surprises.

coolbeans said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Credit to the community: it's pretty dope to see those types of surprises.

Though this is prolly happening in part because there's a portion of the ones who voted on the first poll that are not voting this time.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I voted for Alien: Isolation in the run-off too. Definitely my favorite of the remaining options.

I do like Dark Souls II the best out of those games, but I was in two minds about voting for it, because I feel like only one of the Darks Souls really deserves GotY (the third one).

By the way I feel like run-offs should last longer - I keep almost missing the votes!

Last edited by Machina - on 10 December 2023

I didn't play any of these, but I did watch a let's play of Alien so that gets my vote. Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquisition were the best games of 2014.