By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Universal Studios Japan Donkey Kong Country Trailer-Coming Spring 2024

Universal Studios Japan just dropped this trailer for Super Nintendo World's new Donkey Kong expansion.

I really hope they have the Kremlings. ^^

GameXPlain goes into more details.

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - on 04 December 2023

Around the Network

Hopefully we get a new DK game to celebrate the occasion

I think this will also be coming to the Epic Universe park that will be opening in Orlando in 2025 along with the Mario ride. The ride will have a kind of arm attached to it (I imaging somewhat similar to the robotic arms used in Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) which will allow the carts to "jump" since the tracks below you are essentially for show.

I don't think this will be a super intense coaster, but more of a family friendly one along the lines of the new Hagrid Roller Coaster. Which is fine, cause that ride is pretty awesome. As a big fan of theme parks and Nintendo, I'm obviously very excited. As an added bonus, it will hopefully pressure Disney to create some neat rides in Florida to compete. The cutting edge Harry Potter rides seemed to force/inspire Disney to make Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance which are arguably the two best rides at Disney. Hopefully, they'll make something cool to try to steal the spotlight away from Universal.

JWeinCom said:

I think this will also be coming to the Epic Universe park that will be opening in Orlando in 2025 along with the Mario ride. The ride will have a kind of arm attached to it (I imaging somewhat similar to the robotic arms used in Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) which will allow the carts to "jump" since the tracks below you are essentially for show.

I don't think this will be a super intense coaster, but more of a family friendly one along the lines of the new Hagrid Roller Coaster. Which is fine, cause that ride is pretty awesome. As a big fan of theme parks and Nintendo, I'm obviously very excited. As an added bonus, it will hopefully pressure Disney to create some neat rides in Florida to compete. The cutting edge Harry Potter rides seemed to force/inspire Disney to make Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance which are arguably the two best rides at Disney. Hopefully, they'll make something cool to try to steal the spotlight away from Universal.

What would be intense is if it was based on the more ominous mine cart levels of the original Donkey Kong Country, and like they did for the Mario Kart ride riders get AR goggles, only this time it'd be to show DK and Diddy having to navigate their cart around knocked over carts and Kremlings trying to crash into them.

I know DK is Mario-associated but I really hope we get Zelda and Animal Crossing lands (or at least small areas). It's hardly Super Nintendo World if it's just Mario.
This looks cool though, and hopefully DK gets a new game in 2024 or 2025.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

I know DK is Mario-associated but I really hope we get Zelda and Animal Crossing lands (or at least small areas). It's hardly Super Nintendo World if it's just Mario.
This looks cool though, and hopefully DK gets a new game in 2024 or 2025.

Maybe they'll make a Metroid maze with monsters from the Metroid games around certain corners. It could be like a Halloween corn maze but year round. ^^

CaptainExplosion said:
JWeinCom said:

What would be intense is if it was based on the more ominous mine cart levels of the original Donkey Kong Country, and like they did for the Mario Kart ride riders get AR goggles, only this time it'd be to show DK and Diddy having to navigate their cart around knocked over carts and Kremlings trying to crash into them.

That would be cool but the Mario Kart ride doesn't actually go very fast from my understanding. Don't think AR would work if it's a legitimately fast roller coaster. 

JWeinCom said:

Just wanted to say I love your taste in rides! Disney has definitely upped its game in the past six years. Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance are stellar. In fact, I’d argue Rise of the Resistance is the best ride/attraction/experience in central Florida. It continues to blow me away.

As a fellow lover of Nintendo and Universal, I can’t wait to see what Epic Universe has to offer :)

JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That would be cool but the Mario Kart ride doesn't actually go very fast from my understanding. Don't think AR would work if it's a legitimately fast roller coaster. 

Then maybe use AR for the scary Metroid maze I mentioned earlier for the monster effects, assuming they don't go with animatronics. Although, animatronic Ridley might be even scarier because then he'd look more alive. Think back to the T-Rex in parts of Jurassic Park, the puppet still looks better than a lot of CGI creatures in today's movies.

YES YES YES YES!!!! I'm absolutely loving every aspect of the DK expansion! I wish I could go to Japan to experience, but I'll have to wait for the expansion to arrive state side. My daughter will definitely be old enough by then to be as excited about it as I am. Well, a father can hope lol