By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will be Switch 2 performance wise?

Your expectations

Performance ridiculously ... 0 0%

Really below current gen,... 2 100.00%

Slightly below current ge... 0 0%

On pair with current gen,... 0 0%

Total:2
Cobretti2 said:
Conina said:

I just started a new backup of my Switch SD card (320 GB data). Transfer speed is ~60 MB/s, so the backup process should be finished after 90 minutes.

I thought the SD card would be encrypted and prevent copy to HDD via say windows? How o you do it I haven't been able to find a clear answer?

Just switch your Switch off, eject the micro-SD card, connect it with your PC (f.e. put it in a SD-card-adapter, put the SD-card adapter in a USB-adapter, plug the whole thing into a USB port), copy the whole Nintendo-folder onto your HDD, disconnect the USB-device properly, plug the microSD back into your Switch, turn on the Switch.

Around the Network

I'm curious if Nintendo will make account transfer, including digital games, to the S2 modern. Nintendo is is some what archaic in this regard. The ps3 had a better account system.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Cobretti2 said:

ON a side note, how awesome would it be if Nintendo at the end of the Switch life, released firmware that doesn't tie your game data to a console. Then can easily replace your broken switch.

Yeah, that would be great. The digital games are bound to an Nintendo account anyways.

Just put the SD card into the new Switch, log in with the same Nintendo account and the data of that user gets unlocked.

Works fine on Xbox One/Series and PS4/PS5 for external devices.

Conina said:
Cobretti2 said:

ON a side note, how awesome would it be if Nintendo at the end of the Switch life, released firmware that doesn't tie your game data to a console. Then can easily replace your broken switch.

Yeah, that would be great. The digital games are bound to an Nintendo account anyways.

Just put the SD card into the new Switch, log in with the same Nintendo account and the data of that user gets unlocked.

Works fine on Xbox One/Series and PS4/PS5 for external devices.

I still buy physical, but more so backup all the installed data, patches, etc that get installed. Will those work I guess, or because I am physical games they tie to the console, even though I am logged in with a Nintendo Account.

Well thankfully my Wii U isn't bricked, and hopefully stays that way. However after fired it up it up it remined me just how some of the features are better than Switch, but also after using Switch, just how slow the WiiU OS is lol.

Hopefully Switch 2 will have some more features, closer to Wii U but also be as quick as the Switch OS

Around the Network

I think the switch 2 will be closer to the xbox series s.

BiON!@ 

Soundwave said:

There's no real point in using other consoles with architecture's that are like 8-10 years older and from completely different companies (AMD).

You have as good of a direct comparable as you're going to get in the RTX 2050 laptop GPU. It is the same exact architecture as the Switch 2 with similar numbers of CUDA cores, it has 25% more CUDA cores, but it has less RAM (only 4GB), and even less bandwidth (20% less with 96GB/sec versus 120GB/sec for Switch 2).

That's why Digital Foundry did a whole video testing a downclocked RTX 2050 on various games, to simulate a Switch 2. That's going to give you the closest idea of what Switch 2 could do, 2050 has a bit more CUDA cores but it has worse RAM and worse bandwidth. 

Looking the videos based on RTX 2050, thats pretty positive then. 

We reap what we sow

If I were to quantumize the hardware performance. I’m guessing somewhere over 764-766 trillion, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it were higher than that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.