By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will be Switch 2 performance wise?

Which console will be close in performance?

XB1 12 9.09%

PS4 41 31.06%

PS4 pro 42 31.82%

XB1X 8 6.06%

XBox Series S 22 16.67%

PS5 3 2.27%

XBox Series X 4 3.03%

Total:132

If the Q1 2025 rumor is true, I am more confident than ever it is going to be 5/4nm. We should have Blackwell on 3nm released by Q4 2024. Tegra Thor (Lovelace architecture) will be releasing around then as well.

Around the Network

2025 has been my prediction for a while now. And this year isn't the best for software but Nintendo is doing a solid job with some remakes to fill gaps till the S2. I just hope Nintendo doesn't pull a ps5 and have absurd stock issues for 24 months. Hopefully this delay, being software based, means hardware production is going well and getting a S2 day 1 won't be a major challenge.

haxxiy said:
zeldaring said:

I don't blame them it really does seem the audience for switch  does not care about powerful hardware as the sales aren't really slowing down.

I mean, they are. But that isn't the issue here. It's because their first-party games supposedly wouldn't be ready in time.

This really doesn't make sense, because ps5 sold with out exclusive software and switch 2 could easily do the same, just by the power of the brand enhanced nintendo switch games and third party games, surely the first year it would all be sold out.

I'll stick to 2024.

zeldaring said:
haxxiy said:

I mean, they are. But that isn't the issue here. It's because their first-party games supposedly wouldn't be ready in time.

This really doesn't make sense, because ps5 sold with out exclusive software and switch 2 could easily do the same, just by the power of the brand enhanced nintendo switch games and third party games, surely the first year it would all be sold out.

The ps5 launched with Demon, Sackboy and Miles Morales.  For me it was a pretty solid launch lineup, and if memory serves Ratchet wasn't far behind.  To me it makes sense to ensure the S2 launches with some good exclusives. 

The Wii U launch was soft and certainly didn't help same with the GameCube.  If the S2 launches with BC and galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2....  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

The ps5 launched with Demon, Sackboy and Miles Morales.  For me it was a pretty solid launch lineup, and if memory serves Ratchet wasn't far behind.  To me it makes sense to ensure the S2 launches with some good exclusives. 

The Wii U launch was soft and certainly didn't help same with the GameCube.  If the S2 launches with BC and galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2....  

None of those were really system sellers, and miles morales was also on ps4. you would have to think nintendo has something for switch 2. even if it was just deluxe versions of mario wonder, princess peach and BOTW that would be enough considering the core nintendo gamer is dying for a upgrade in hardware.  

zeldaring said:

Which must mean there's actually none of that in the works.

Their 3D Mario is probably months behind schedule so they're delaying it just like they did for BOTW in 2016-2017.

Potential/probable major launch titles include a new 3D Mario, new Dk, new Mario kart, and Prime 4. I would bet anything that 3/4 of those will come out within the first year. Then of course a new smash/xenoblade could be in there too, along with others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'm confident most Nintendo gamers will be happy with the launch window offerings.

I voted that the system itself will be around a PS4 in specs, and I think it'll be similar in form factor to the S1 with some updated joycon type controllers.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

None of those were really system sellers, and miles morales was also on ps4. you would have to think nintendo has something for switch 2. even if it was just deluxe versions of mario wonder, princess peach and BOTW that would be enough considering the core nintendo gamer is dying for a upgrade in hardware.  

Maybe.  Those games sold me a ps5.  And Nintendo has amazing momentum at the moment.  My opinion is Nintendo has to nail 3 things to keep it going:

1) Price: max of $400. 

2) Stock: avoid frustrating gamers for two years with shortages.

3) Software: come out of the gates swinging with some major titles.  The Xbox is devoid of strong exclusives and 2024 and early 2025 looks like a waste land for the ps5.  The S2 has a golden opportunity to sell itself with some top notch exclusive material, especially with the competition going all in with PC support.  

"Only on S2" is going to carry more weight than ever before.