By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Gran Turismo movie sucks big time.

OMG i cant believe this piece if shit i just watched.

From the start with trailers i thought ok this could be good based on a true story etc. But fuck me i didnt think i was ust going to be watching one massive GT advert for an hour and a half or whatever. Fuck me from the start! GT is the most real driving sim ever made!!. every care feels so real etc!!!!. From them lines i knew this wasnt the movie i thought it would be. And watching it even more doesnt help. I give it a 1 out of 10 for tricking me into watching a Gt Advert.

Around the Network

I haven't seen anything that would leave me to believe the movie was going to be anything other than crap. So your review is not surprising.

It wasn't meant to be a movie.

Check this Game  Flip Runner

Not all that hard to guess that this was a poor premise for an entire feature-length movie. I'll never watch it, and it seems to be the correct choice (it's at 48 at MC as well). I remember getting quite some flak in a thread discussing the movie some time before its release, when I pointed out the poor grounds for a movie in a game franchise that has literally zero story and character elements. Yes, it's based on a meta-take with a lad who wins the GT Academy competition and gets to race, but there are hundreds of other, more suitable franchises that they could have picked for this.

A view that seems to differ greatly to many critics and the general public. Many admit that the GT placement is hard to get past at the beginning but how are you going to make a movie about a true story based around GT without it making it seems like an advert for said product?

Generally it's a considered a good sports underdog film, a genre of film rather lacking of late.

I haven't seen it but will watch it sometime, mainly for the director, and generally based on reviews, expect to like it.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

TBH I enjoyed it for what it was. It exceeded my low expectations and my Dad and I had fun watching it in theatres. Obviously there are countless better films, but I still enjoyed the watch.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I haven't seen it, but will eventually. I've talked with a group of friends that did go, and they enjoyed it enough to recommend me to watch it. They don't know anything about video games at all, and are mostly girls; so I guess different crowd, different opinion.

I enjoyed it for what it was, which isnt saying much. It wasnt great, but it wasnt terrible either. Middle of the road popcorn flick.

The Fury said:

A view that seems to differ greatly to many critics and the general public. Many admit that the GT placement is hard to get past at the beginning but how are you going to make a movie about a true story based around GT without it making it seems like an advert for said product?

Generally it's a considered a good sports underdog film, a genre of film rather lacking of late.

I haven't seen it but will watch it sometime, mainly for the director, and generally based on reviews, expect to like it.

That's honestly how it is.  Very cliche but doesn't give you anything it didn't promise.  Kinda hard not to mention the game when the true story revolves around the damn game and the academy based on it

I am Iron Man

The movie was good in spite of being a 2 hour plus $60 million GT commercial.

It received a rare "A" Cinemascore from audiences. An unexpected crowd pleaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.