By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148

Yeah, saving this thread for the obvious resurrection later this month or after the first full year of sales from both games

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
RolStoppable said:

We'll be waiting for your apology.

To be fair it is just a prediction.  An apology is overkill.  If he is wrong, who cares?  I don't plan on apologizing if I'm wrong.

MY motto is never apologise for being wrong life's to short.

I will now use that opening to enlighten you and the rest of VGChartz about my philosophy based around how perfecting the black arts of deniable plausibility and a well honed ability to shift the blame elsewhere leads to a Zen like state of tone deafness that then grants you enough sheer bloody mindedness to allow you to always have the last say (even if it means returning years or even decades later to a long dead thread to proclaim victory) the core to all this is once you have used those skills to reach the point of having turned a battle of logic into a banging your head against a brick wall competition you have opened up the path to VICTORY.

PS. PM for the full 50,000 word transcript

PPS. a small fee of $10.00 a word is required.

PPPS. VGChartzers being family if you give this post a like we can negotiate more favourable terms and conditions for any loans.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 11 October 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Both games have a shot at having the biggest opening week for their respective publishers I'd say; IIRC the current records are 10 million week one for Nintendo with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, and 5.1 million for Sony with God of War Ragnarok.

mjk45 said:
Chrkeller said:

To be fair it is just a prediction.  An apology is overkill.  If he is wrong, who cares?  I don't plan on apologizing if I'm wrong.

MY motto is never apologise for being wrong life's to short.

I will now use that opening to enlighten you and the rest of VGChartz about my philosophy based around how perfecting the black arts of deniable plausibility and a well honed ability to shift the blame elsewhere leads to a Zen like state of tone deafness that then grants you enough sheer bloody mindedness to allow you to always have the last say (even if it means returning years or even decades later to a long dead thread to proclaim victory) the core to all this is once you use those skills to reach the point of having turn a battle of logic into a banging your head against a brick wall competition you have opened up the path to VICTORY.

PS. PM for the full 50,000 word transcript

PPS. a small fee of $10.00 a word is required.

PPPS. VGChartzers being family if you give this post a like we can negotiate more favourable terms and conditions for any loans.

curl-6 said:

Both games have a shot at having the biggest opening week for their respective publishers I'd say; IIRC the current records are 10 million week one for Nintendo with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, and 5.1 million for Sony with God of War Ragnarok.

Spider-Man 2 is a PS5 exclusive. I'm sure it'll beat Ragnarok's lifetime sales but beating its launch is a challenge given the current PS5 install base.

What was even Nintendo's best opening at 44 million~ install base (Including and excluding Japan)?

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Spider-Man 2 is a PS5 exclusive. I'm sure it'll beat Ragnarok's lifetime sales but beating its launch is a challenge given the current PS5 install base.

What was even Nintendo's best opening at 44 million~ install base (Including and excluding Japan)?

Pokemon Sword and Shield opened at 6 million (1.36m at retail in Japan) when Switch was at around 42 million.

any updates on mario wonder sales?

zeldaring said:

Only that it sold 638k physically in its opening weekend in Japan, and that it's the fastest selling Mario game in Europe.

Nintendo's next quarterly report is November 7th, we may get some numbers then.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Only that it sold 638k physically in its opening weekend in Japan, and that it's the fastest selling Mario game in Europe.

according to vgchartz article its the fastest selling 2d mario game in Europe, apparently 3d all stars and mario odyssey are slightly ahead. 

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

according to vgchartz article its the fastest selling 2d mario game in Europe.

In the UK it's the fastest selling 2D Mario, but behind Mario Odyssey and 3D All Stars.

In Europe as a whole, according to Nintendo, it's the fastest selling selling Super Mario game overall.