By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
zeldaring said:

Well see what happens but I feel there might be some mario fatigue.

Based on what?

Mario Wonder is literally the first Mario game released this year and in the same year as the movie that did $1.35 billion at the box office.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier, you come up with the most ridiculous reasons to support your arguments.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Have I just read “mario fatigue” in a year where a Mario movie made 1.3B$ at the box office?

Just the PS5 version of Spider-Man 2?

Then Super Mario Wonder. It's pretty much a guaranteed 20M+ seller.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Is there a Spiderman fatigue on PS5 as well? Because Spiderman 2 will be the 3rd game of the series released on PS5.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Assuming switch 2 is BC, I don't see it's launch hurting sales.  I think Wonder hits 30 million easily.  Spider 2 will not, unless Sony gives it away for free via bundles which isn't a fair comparison.  Huge difference between selling something versus giving it away.

The thread never mentioned bundled sales don't count.

I know, but it is my opinion.  Wii Sports was free in the US, thus sales are exaggerated.  Free isn't a sale.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
RedKingXIII said:

Is there a Spiderman fatigue on PS5 as well? Because Spiderman 2 will be the 3rd game of the series released on PS5.

Miles morals is more like a side game then a true sequel to spiderman. i can see differently see fatigue  if it was spiderman 3 and miles morals didn't get much hype or do much in sales. with the switch mario is gonna have 4 mario mainline platformers with each one selling like plus 15 million. This is not even including mario maker 2 and mario all starts.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 09 October 2023

I would guess, time will tell, Mario interest is an all time high. Thanks to the switch, Nintendo world and the Mario movie.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I would guess, time will tell, Mario interest is an all time high. Thanks to the switch, Nintendo world and the Mario movie.

Yeah there is literally zero evidence of Mario fatigue, it’s up there with Quickrick’s cliff for goofiest argument.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah there is literally zero evidence of Mario fatigue, it’s up there with Quickrick’s cliff for goofiest argument.

when i mean fatigue i don't mean that its not gonna do great but switch is flooded with mario platformers  and wiiu didn't exist to most people that own a switch so those games are brand  new to 90% of switch owners.

Are you soundwave's twin? taking things personal over predictions or maybe let's all have the same opinion with no discussion. You keep coming with insults like stupid logic or anything i say seems to trigger you by comparing me to quickrik. Anyway is there a ignore feature on this website? then ignore me if discussing games are gonna get you triggered. 

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

when i mean fatigue i don't mean that its not gonna do great but switch is flooded with mario platformers  and wiiu didn't exist to most people that own a switch so those games are brand  new to 90% of switch owners.

Are you soundwave's twin? taking things personal over predictions or maybe let's all have the same opinion with no discussion. You keep coming with insults like stupid logic or anything i say seems to trigger you by comparing me to quickrik. Anyway is there a ignore feature on this website? then ignore me if discussing games are gonna get you triggered. 

Being compared to quickrick is a compliment.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.