By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: "Nintendo future exists off their own hardware"

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

You don't like fromsoftware Games? I mean they are considered by many to be some of the greatest games of all time. You might have to go through hell to beat one but there is really nothing like them and once you get gud it's so satisfying. Bloodborne, sekiro, or elden ring  just beat one and see what they are about. Resident evil 4 remake is also amazing, evil with in 2. Batman arknight, and spiderman are fun. Gtav is also pretty  fun I won't lie just exploring the world is insane.

From games are a bit too hard for me; I don't cope well with frustration and I don't have great fine motor skills or reflexes, plus I have a stressful job and I prefer to play relaxing games at the end of my day.

Understandable. I stopped playing online cause of frustration lol. For some reason getting killed by the ai doesn't piss me off as much. I do find when I'm  really challenged I really get focused and engaged and time flies. my first fromsoftware game was like a nightmare it felt impossible and I it was actually scary to play lol but it does Make you a more skilled gamer, not sure if that's a good thing because it makes the other games just seem like a walk in the park unless being in harder difficulties.

Around the Network

I love From Software games. I don't like Souls games. I loved Frame Gride. Armored Core. Metal Wolf Chaos. Otogi 1-2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I love From Software games. I don't like Souls games. I loved Frame Gride. Armored Core. Metal Wolf Chaos. Otogi 1-2.

That's sad to hear. Not even sekiro or bloodborne? I'm getting armored 6 after i finish dead space remake.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

You don't like fromsoftware Games? I mean they are considered by many to be some of the greatest games of all time. You might have to go through hell to beat one but there is really nothing like them and once you get gud it's so satisfying. Bloodborne, sekiro, or elden ring  just beat one and see what they are about. Resident evil 4 remake is also amazing, evil with in 2. Batman arknight, and spiderman are fun. Gtav is also pretty  fun I won't lie just exploring the world is insane.

From games are a bit too hard for me; I don't cope well with frustration and I don't have great fine motor skills or reflexes, plus I have a stressful job and I prefer to play relaxing games at the end of my day.

I’m the same way, between work and having four kids all in sports, I don’t really have much time for gaming so when I do play I’m really not interested in complex or time-consuming games. It kinda sucks in some ways since Zelda is my favorite series of all time but I just can’t get into TotK.

I want simpler, more streamlined games that I can play in short doses so most of my game time lately consists of couch co-op with the kids (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party, NSMB/3D World) or some old games I’m nostalgic for on NSO.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

I’m the same way, between work and having four kids all in sports, I don’t really have much time for gaming so when I do play I’m really not interested in complex or time-consuming games. It kinda sucks in some ways since Zelda is my favorite series of all time but I just can’t get into TotK.

I want simpler, more streamlined games that I can play in short doses so most of my game time lately consists of couch co-op with the kids (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party, NSMB/3D World) or some old games I’m nostalgic for on NSO.

Give TotK a try, it's great in short bursts and not all that demanding. Once you get into to it you're set for many many months. It's something to come back, do a few things and enjoy being in the world for a bit. It's a shame the start is the weakest and most off putting part of the game. Once you get off suck sky island you can do things at your own pace.

Now i can't get into BG3. Starting with a complex character creator is already off putting, I don't know what everything is for. Then as always it starts with some forced action (escape) scene while I have no clue yet what anything does. And then my play time is up without giving me anything to look forward to to continue. I would have dropped TotK at Great Sky Island if it wasn't Zelda, now I have to force myself to get into BG3. I'm sure it gets good, but devs really need to find a way to make games appealing from the start, not after 10 hours plugging away at them.

So my next game is Paper Beast on PSVR2, I just bought the enhanced edition. BG3 I'll try again later, start left a bad taste.

Around the Network

I have been playing a lot more arcade-style games in the last couple of months. From actual old games on old hardware to ports on modern hardware to newer games like Nex Machina or Cruis'n Blast. I just want something I can jump into and be fun. Not looking for another game with icons on a map. Crafting systems. Loot and other shit for the most part. Spider-Man 2 will be an exception.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SvennoJ said:
zorg1000 said:

Give TotK a try, it's great in short bursts and not all that demanding. Once you get into to it you're set for many many months. It's something to come back, do a few things and enjoy being in the world for a bit. It's a shame the start is the weakest and most off putting part of the game. Once you get off suck sky island you can do things at your own pace.

Now i can't get into BG3. Starting with a complex character creator is already off putting, I don't know what everything is for. Then as always it starts with some forced action (escape) scene while I have no clue yet what anything does. And then my play time is up without giving me anything to look forward to to continue. I would have dropped TotK at Great Sky Island if it wasn't Zelda, now I have to force myself to get into BG3. I'm sure it gets good, but devs really need to find a way to make games appealing from the start, not after 10 hours plugging away at them.

So my next game is Paper Beast on PSVR2, I just bought the enhanced edition. BG3 I'll try again later, start left a bad taste.

It’s also how long a game is that turns me off. I only play like 2-3 hours/week so a game like TotK that is 60+ hours just for the main story could take 6 months or longer to beat.

I’ve gotten to the point where I prefer 15-20 hour games, older 3D Zelda titles that were like 30 hours is my upper limit.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

It’s also how long a game is that turns me off. I only play like 2-3 hours/week so a game like TotK that is 60+ hours just for the main story could take 6 months or longer to beat.

I’ve gotten to the point where I prefer 15-20 hour games, older 3D Zelda titles that were like 30 hours is my upper limit.

Yeah I get you, I finished TotK last week, playing an hour or more daily since launch. It took me 132 days to finish it... actually averaging 2.3 hours a day. So would be 132 weeks for you :O Sure you can finish it a lot faster, 60 hours is very do-able, yet I'm playing games to relax, not to rush through. After spending so long with one game I find it even harder to get into a new game. Hence back to PSVR2, short games and arcade games a plenty. Puzzle a bit, race a few laps, satisfied.

Me as well as far as not finding Xbox very appealing.
I had an original Xbox as a teenager, and the 360 is my #4 top console of all time, but the Xbone and XS have just been one fuckup after another and it's so offputting.
I'd love to get back into Xbox, but the lack of worthwhile first party games is a deal breaker.
Now, if they cna get their shit together and start delivering bangers again I'll happily buy a Series X, but for now, just can't justify the cost.

Forbidden West is going to PC. Looks Sony is following MS and putting their games on PC which is great. Next gen will be PC and switch 2. I see no reason to buy hardware that doesn't have exclusive games.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC