By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii commercials - What was Nintendo thinking?

I liked them, although I can see how they wouldn't appeal to folks who take things too seriously.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
akuma587 said:
Yeah, I saw the one with the cowboy guy on TV. It was one of the worst commercials I have ever seen.

Actually, from the comments so far, it seems that if you like Nintendo, it's one of the best, and if you hate Nintendo, it's one of the worst.

One thing is a fact though. That doll head PS3 commercial is far and ahead much worse than the MK-Wii, in a league all by itself.

Which is weird because I am a Wii and Nintendo fan yet I have seen a few PS3 commercials that were pretty fucking awesome (the doll head excluded), why is it that just because something isn't someone's favorite they have to hate everything related to it? 

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

They are so bad they're good =P

I wasn't sure at first but after watching both I'm pretty sure it was intended to be over the top on purpose.

To Each Man, Responsibility
SJGohan3972 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
akuma587 said:
Yeah, I saw the one with the cowboy guy on TV. It was one of the worst commercials I have ever seen.

Actually, from the comments so far, it seems that if you like Nintendo, it's one of the best, and if you hate Nintendo, it's one of the worst.

One thing is a fact though. That doll head PS3 commercial is far and ahead much worse than the MK-Wii, in a league all by itself.

Which is weird because I am a Wii and Nintendo fan yet I have seen a few PS3 commercials that were pretty fucking awesome (the doll head excluded), why is it that just because something isn't someone's favorite they have to hate everything related to it?

Because they need to justify their preference of one plastic box over a different plastic box. Insecurity, really. Or just blind devotion. Take your pick.

wow, i see what they're trying to do...but, was it worth it?

Around the Network

Well, this kind of ad really does appeal to certain people. Plus, it's more able to grab attention than just showing gameplay footage... Some people are turned off by it, though, so it has its goods and its bads.

It just made me feel sad when I saw a comment on youtube, in which someone put that he removed his preorder of the game because of the ad, arguing that MKWii is for hardcore, not the casual...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Sqrl said:
They are so bad they're good =P

I wasn't sure at first but after watching both I'm pretty sure it was intended to be over the top on purpose.

It's true you never know what to expect from Nintendo ads, they could have been being serious as hell.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Phendrana said:
SJGohan3972 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
akuma587 said:

Which is weird because I am a Wii and Nintendo fan yet I have seen a few PS3 commercials that were pretty fucking awesome (the doll head excluded), why is it that just because something isn't someone's favorite they have to hate everything related to it?

Because they need to justify their preference of one plastic box over a different plastic box. Insecurity, really. Or just blind devotion. Take your pick.

It's called cognitive dissonance.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

HAH.. that is hilariously horrible.. well done!

I love the commercial, very original.